Eric Duncan

SHANG-CHI WEEKEND THREAD | NO SPOILERS | 75.38M 3-Day, 94.67M 4-Day. Record for Labor Day! | Tony Leung saved the theater! | Get Vaccinated and Wear a mask.

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, is The Many Saints of Newark now moving to Sept 24?  I wouldn't want to be in Venom's US wave b/c it pulls the exact same demos as Shang Chi, so there's not gonna be anyone left to see Newark...

WB would be wise to do so. October 15 could also be a viable option even with Last Duel on the same day; multiple adult dramas opening would be a typical October weekend.

• Like 1

Just now, DAJK said:

Lol Venom is going to get destroyed in its 2nd weekend.

It probably buys as many dollars by being the first one out as it would lose in the drop, though.

Love to see it. I'd move Many Saints up a week too to give September some juice

• Like 4

Well we didn't even had to wait the end of Labor Day to know what other studios think of SC opening LOL.

This is a better date for Venom (still worse than September), and good for Halloween too.

And now i think it's truly safe to assume nothing is moving. If even Sony moved up one of their big movies, the rest are safe.

International numbers are in bad shape but like i said, about this there's nothing they can do other than deal with it.

• Like 3

Not sure if anyone will move to November 12.

Hype for Eternals are very big, if the movie delivers we can have our first +100M OW since pandemic started. I'm not sure if other studio would like to release something so close to it.

But yeah, something should move to September 24. I would put Last Duel or Many Saints.

• Like 1

Makes all the him haw about moving to 2022 look funny now.... as usual EC was right ;)

And that 3 day estimate for Shang 🥰 now if only it can take down AMTW in the actuals for the final win. Eyes turn to next weekend for the hold as we look to see how fast it can top Bad Boys 3. Would love to see it leg out enough for 250m but I will settle for 200m. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Nolan tried to save the cinema before we had a miracle vaccine that made any of this possible. Probably unwise of him tbh. In retrospect, Tenet coming out like that was kind of nuts.

It did help OS markets a lot since that movie did 300M OS.

• Like 2