Porthos

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ETERNALS ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS***

Newsweek (reasonably legit news site) and numerous other places now "reporting" Styles.  

I seriously wonder if this is all an elaborate ruse...and that something bigger is in the offing.  

Why would Marvel/Disney keep this off the press screenings, then just put it on the premiere a few hours later when they *knew* it would leak out??

But that a VARIETY guy wanted to be the first...he either has some very angry Voicemails in his inbox this morning...or he's in on it, too...

Edited by Macleod

Glad to see my old Smash Bros main is in a movie

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

lmao at nerds getting upset over spoilers. Especially one this dumb. 

This guy should be locked up in a mental institution, along with everyone at his fanboy website.

good lord this guy is a dweeb

I heard the Harry Styles rumor a while back, but with some parts of his fanbase, you never know if they are rolling with something totally made up that they just want to be true. The confirmation isn't earth shattering, but I am surprised by all the blue checks just blasting it on Twitter right away and throwing it into headlines. Bad form by them. I guess the lure of clicks/engagement is too strong, Harry's fanbase is massive and very active on social media. Million dollar fines are absurd but some of those reporters may find themselves off the list for the next MCU event.

Lol that Mr Watermelon Sugar is playing Eros of all characters...

23 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Yeah, Styles leak can only put Styles fan butts in seats if they weren't intersted before. So very doubtful that anyone at Marvel is upset. More likely, they are already counting dollars. 

If they actually cared about this leaking the screening wouldn't have included the post credit scene.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

This is the most shameless (and hilarious) spoiling of a surprise reveal/twist by media outlets more than two weeks out from the movie's release. Has such a thing happened before? British media in particular seem to have no chill.

It's likely because some in The Media are treating this as a something near a joke (or stunt if one prefers to be charitable to their thinking) and if there's one thing many folks in the media can't resist, it's channeling their inner Stand Up Comedian on social media.

After all, it's not like anyone could possibly be upset about finding out ahead of time about this, right?

(yes, I am very much mocking these reporters — but I 100% guarantee this attitude is at work for some, if on a subconscious level for some)

((I originally had some much harsher commentary here, but I decided to edit it out before hitting Submit Reply))

Aside from that, I would also say that there is a large segment of the press that feels that once someone else (major) has broken a story, or enough other outlets have, it's fair game to pile on. The story itself is news now. Casting reports in particular are notorious for this sort of thing.

The fact that it is indeed Harry Styles?  Well, pardon me for being a little suspicious that some folks in the media have decided to be less circumspect because of who the actor is.

Finally, I would also add that many folks outside of the entertainment press couldn't give two shits about not spoiling things. So when they hear that Harry Styles is entering the MCU, of course they're gonna blast it out far and wide.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

It's perfect?

^Also the Lights Out video.

I know, it's practically typecasting, but I guess you don't hire Harry Styles for a superhero movie to play an awkward dweeb.

4 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

This is the most shameless (and hilarious) spoiling of a surprise reveal/twist by media outlets more than two weeks out from the movie's release. Has such a thing happened before? British media in particular seem to have no chill.

It's not a huge spoiler, but usually the real press does try to be somewhat coy and cryptic about post-credit scenes ahead of the opening weekend. OTOH, it's a good point that this could have been left out of the premiere screening if the Marvel was really eager to keep it a secret... 

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 1