Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

10 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I meant hypothetically sub 200m isn’t impossible considering Mother’s Day is this Sunday, the 3:00 pm previews and the more mixed WOM.

Not to mention with Mother's Day...the movie isn't kid friendly, and normally, Mother's Day has rocked for MCU b/c their films are (so whole families go)...not seeing that pattern going to happen if word does go out...

Not saying this could be a BvS weekend play out, but it may not be a normal May Marvel weekend, either...

15 minutes ago, Eric loves Rey said:

Wait, what are the top 4 here? Is that including double-dip early access shows?

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Not to mention with Mother's Day...the movie isn't kid friendly, and normally, Mother's Day has rocked for MCU b/c their films are (so whole families go)...not seeing that pattern going to happen if word does go out...

Not saying this could be a BvS weekend play out, but it may not be a normal May Marvel weekend, either...

There's not many alternative options though. What are they gonna see, The Northman?? lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Maggie said:

There's not many alternative options though. What are they gonna see, The Northman?? lol

Bad Guys, Lost City, or Sonic...

But yes, it shocks me that there was also no Mother's Day movie opener geared to moms or kids this year...but no one wanted the Marvel wipe out when it seems like counter programming might have worked...

• Like 2

Just now, Maggie said:

Northman would be a very interesting choice for Mothers Day movie indeed.

• Haha 3
  • Astonished 2

6 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Lost City. Shockingly it loses fewer than 700 screens this weekend. Less than Fantastic Beasts, Northman, Unbearable Weight, Father Stu. 

48 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Shangchi is godfather level compared to this. It is the best origin movie since Iron Man and had the best action choreography since Winter Soldier. 3rd act became CGI fest, but everything else was awesome. 

It's not. Iron Man/Tony Stark/RDJ is iconic. Shang-Chi/Simu Liu is one of the most underwhelming MCU leads. Tony Leung/Wenwoo owned the movie.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There's not a single person i know who wasn't thinking that Dr Strange 2 would be big Avengers level event, a finale to WandaVision, What If, NWH arc..... Etc etc etc the MADNESS would mean a cameofest and tons of fan service.

I really think this movie got wrong perception pre release, from what people told me, it's a personel story of Strange & Wanda. Barely some bits of Real Madness. 

Movie might not be bad, but public perception pre release might eventually hurt it.

Edited by THUNDER BIRD
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

There's not a single person i know who wasn't thinking that Dr Strange 2 would be big Avengers level event, a finale to WandaVision, What If, NWH arc..... Etc etc etc the MADNESS would mean a cameofest and tons of fan service.

I really think this movie got wrong perception pre release, from what people told me, it's a personel story of Strange & Wanda. Barely some bits of Real Madness. 

Movie might not be bad, but public perception pre release might eventually hurt it.

Yes agree. 

I’m really excited to try and gauge audiences reaction to this. It’s going to be really interesting.

18 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

Man the reviews on youtube seem mixed as well. We will see how bad the WOM will affect its OW. 

12 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

I can't speak for GA but what we are getting atm are invested fandom's reactions. Hardcore fans attend previews so their expectations may not overlap with GA's considering that invested fandom knows about production secrets much more than an average casual fan. So lets say a hardcore fan expected the movie to be X, it doesn't mean a casual fan had the same expectation and that he will be disappointed if that expectation he didn't have wasn't fulfilled. 

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

BTW I think Strange is likely 2nd most popular alive Avenger. IMO

1. Thor
2. Strange
3. Spidey
4. GoTG
5. pick someone. may be Captain Marvel

Insane list.

1. Spidey (beloved, iconic, generation defining (to everyone except Spidey nerds on twitter at least). Have not seen kids go nuts like this about a character in forever)

2. Black Panther (might have put him over Spidey pre NWH)

3. Thor

4. Guardians

5. Strange (MoM will make a buttload of money, but idk I don't see the singular affection for him as a character as I do for everyone above him)

5. Captain Marvel (same as Strange)

6. Ant-Man (who)

7. Shang-chi (Simu Liu is the weakest of all the current Marvel leads IMO)

8. Eternals (speaks for itself)

Edited by snarkmachine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

Well i think its pretty clear that theres a lot of people who see this movie not as Doctor Strange 2 but more like a sequel to No Way Home for obvious reasons.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

Man the reviews on youtube seem mixed as well. We will see how bad the WOM will affect its OW. 

More like mixed to positive.

• Like 1