Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

9 minutes ago, exomassey said:

Yes agree. 

I’m really excited to try and gauge audiences reaction to this. It’s going to be really interesting.

This reminds me of IM3's reception.

Anyone know what IM3's preview multiplier was?

I honestly don't see this as super un-kid friendly. I wouldn't take a 6 year old to see it or anything but I mean I probably wouldn't recommend taking them to see Infinity War or Endgame either. Even NWH has the Aunt May thing which might not be the best for younger kids to see.

By the way, I loved the movie. Yeah, leakers kinda overhyped the cameos which is annoying but it really was an emotionally charged and visually stunning film. And what we did get of the cameos, I loved.

Edited by poweranimals
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

I wonder what Rotten Tomatoes is waiting for before giving this a Certified Fresh. 77% on 241 reviews is way overqualified already. 

Yeh I wonder if it’s fluctuation? It was going between 81%-79% yesterday to 77% today. 

Usually it’s just 80 reviews. I don’t think it’s ever fallen below 75%. 

Edited by Krissykins

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh I wonder if it’s fluctuation? It was going between 81%-79% yesterday to 77% today. 

Usually it’s just 80 reviews. I don’t think it’s ever fallen below 75%. 

I guess they don't want to get burned like they did with WW84 but I don't think there's really any danger of that happening. Then again, it is still trending downwards.

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

There's not many alternative options though. What are they gonna see, The Northman?? lol

Compared to the Northman this is a Mr Rogers episode. 

Y'all think Strange is same 2016 no-one knows him guy. He was literally the main guy in Infinity War. He has given a presence or was in discussion every year since his first movie.

2016 - Dr Strange
2017 - Ragnarok
2018 - Infinity War
2019 - Endgame
2021 Jan - There was weekly anticipation for Dr Strange appearance throughout Wandavision
2021 Dec - NWH
2022 - DSitMoM

DSitMoM was fixed to open $150-200M day this happened.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 6

51 minutes ago, snarkmachine said:

Insane list.

1. Spidey (beloved, iconic, generation defining (to everyone except Spidey nerds on twitter at least). Have not seen kids go nuts like this about a character in forever)

2. Black Panther (might have put him over Spidey pre NWH)

3. Thor

4. Guardians

5. Strange (MoM will make a buttload of money, but idk I don't see the singular affection for him as a character as I do for everyone above him)

5. Captain Marvel (same as Strange)

6. Ant-Man (who)

7. Shang-chi (Simu Liu is the weakest of all the current Marvel leads IMO)

8. Eternals (speaks for itself)

Where is Wanda? Pretty sure she is popular than most here.

52 minutes ago, snarkmachine said:

2. Black Panther (might have put him over Spidey pre NWH)

May be in America I guess. Won't be in Top 5 elsewhere. Similarily GoTG prolly stronger in West but overall Strange will be ahead.

I would say mine top 3 are pretty interchangeable but Thor definite edge for now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Y'all think Strange is same 2016 no-one knows him guy. He was literally the main guy in Infinity War. He has given a presence or was in discussion every year since his first movie.

2016 - Dr Strange
2017 - Ragnarok
2018 - Infinity War
2019 - Endgame
2021 Jan - There was weekly anticipation for Dr Strange appearance throughout Wandavision
2021 Dec - NWH
2022 - DSitMoM

DSitMoM was fixed to open $150-200M day this happened.

Strange has now become the focal character of MCU (replacing Stark/Iron-Man), especially as it moves into the Multiverse/alternate timeline phase 

But to say he’s more beloved than Spider-Man is still incorrect; that’s a generational stand-alone character (despite being on its third iteration in just 20 years)

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, MultiverseXXR said:

@Illuminegion Confirmed @Menor Reborn YT main trailer likes ratio strikes again.

I mean the real number would have been whatever Strange trailer 1 would've done without being attached to NWH -- but then, of course, that could have also affected the BO if the trailer wasn't attached to NWH. 

7 minutes ago, M37 said:

Strange has now become the focal character of MCU (replacing Stark/Iron-Man), especially as it moves into the Multiverse/alternate timeline phase 

But to say he’s more beloved than Spider-Man is still incorrect; that’s a generational stand-alone character (despite being on its third iteration in just 20 years)

yeah and he'll never be as beloved as Tony. People loved RDJ's charm and charisma. Cumberbatch is kinda cold which suits his character but that doesn't resonate all that much. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, M37 said:

Spider-man as comic book character is likely most popular of all time. Batman being #2 may be.

But for movies, DS will likely do par/better Spidey & better than Batman.

20 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

If you consider worldwide popularity than probably 

1. Spider-Man 

2. Thor

3. Wanda

4. Doctor Strange 

5. Black Panther

6. Guardians

7. Captain Marvel 

8. Ant Man

Wanda popularity is like online popularity of Bucky.

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Spider-man as comic book character is likely most popular of all time. Batman being #2 may be.

But for movies, DS will likely do par/better Spidey & better than Batman.

Batman and spideys popularity for number 1 switches every 10 years or so they are in constant flux. 

Edited by SupermanLego

24 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

If you consider worldwide popularity than probably 

1. Spider-Man 

2. Thor

3. Wanda

4. Doctor Strange 

5. Black Panther

6. Guardians

7. Captain Marvel 

8. Ant Man

Wanda ahahahahahahahaha don't make me laugh

I think I know who marvel is thinking for Dr. doom. Guy can do anger, action, drama and lame stuff too. Not going to reveal, but he was in a movie recently and his ferocity impressed everyone. With some nuance added, he could kill it as Doom.