Eric Prime

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

At any rate, atm I’m thinking anywhere between 4.5-5.5x for the A2 multi. The movie does feel too long and it will stop the same otherworldly WOM of Titanic and A1 from being possible I think, but I think the third act alone seals the deal on incredible WOM overall. And the multi will be naturally inflated now that it’s obvious  this clearly isn’t a “rush out on OW” movie. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Gravity works in theaters, not really at home.

Gravity in IMAX 3d was an incredible experience. But when I watched it at home I was bored. 

4 minutes ago, Cap said:

Oh Yeah Yes GIF

WE DID IT!!!!!!

Yess! And we did not even need Kal (Sheldon) or IronJimbo or any mega Avatar fans to do it. Though we did get an assist from MCU version of KaL

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Damn how long has it been since a weekend thread hit 100 pages?

No Way Home had more than 100 pages, although Thor L&T came awfully close at 98

• Like 1

never read the battle angel manga or saw the OVA but when i was like 13 i did watch an anime called She, The Ultimate Weapon which is sort of a similarish killer cyborg anime girl type thing but more set in modern day. idk battle angel always makes me think of that. should be Big Jim's next project.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

At any rate, atm I’m thinking anywhere between 4.5-5.5x for the A2 multi. The movie does feel too long and it will stop the same otherworldly WOM of Titanic and A1 from being possible I think, but I think the third act alone seals the deal on incredible WOM overall. And the multi will be naturally inflated now that it’s obvious  this clearly isn’t a “rush out on OW” movie. 

I thought the same watching the film - insane final act but not as much of a crowdpleaser to be a super leg smash. But then my theater was full-on clapping at the end so maybe I'm wrong there (Italy here btw).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

9 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

I was listening to the Big Picture podcast and Sean said that Academy members were lapping it up at there organized screenings and love it.

Haven’t listened to the Oscar podcast yet. Might do later. Such a great podcast. 

yeah, I think it’ll get a certain type of voter for sure. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cookie said:

Martian

Gravity

Interstellar

Arrival

Haven't seen Apollo 13 in like 20 years lol

It’s superb. What a tense, non-nonsense, claustrophobic movie.

• Like 2