Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

Gotta disagree with most of you here, this looks incredible to me. Really unique and it's also adapting the Demon Bear arc in a way that looks super interesting to me. Wasn't excited for this at all until the trailer but now I'm rly interested.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Slowing down Pink Floyd was a weird choice for the pop song cover. 

I knew it would be between ABitW, Teenage Wasteland (Baba O'Reilly) and Season of the Witch. These on the nose song choices are getting easy to predict and they seem to work every time :P 

1 minute ago, BeastByTheBay said:

.....At least Fox can make some money off it I guess. The budget has to be under 100M

Looks under 50M tbh

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

Gotta disagree with most of you here, this looks incredible to me. Really unique and it's also adapting the Demon Bear arc in a way that looks super interesting to me. Wasn't excited for this at all until the trailer but now I'm rly interested.

I don’t think we can use the word “unique”.

I hope that “freddy coming through the wall” scene is an homage. 

Interesting teaser but I'm hoping they're overplaying the "horror" elements here cause I'm just not much of a horror fan. I'm hoping all that weirdness has a more complex root like it's part of one of the kids power that is out of control, perhaps even a bit like Legion.

On a side note I see people being cynical about the musical choice and I guess it could have been better but it just seems like nitpicking to me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AJG said:

They really just had a script for a random horror movie and slapped Xmen branding over it huh?

No. New Mutants was always a Stephen King inspired title that depicted the trauma of teenhood/childhood with horror tropes. It's basically Loser's Club with mutants.

Dark Phoenix incidentally was also heavily inspired by King's Carrie. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Is it a spoiler to discuss the Demon Bear arc that the movie is based off of btw?

Well it's been discussed for a bit earlier in this thread I believe so I don't think so? Put it under spoil-tag though just to be safe.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

For the superhero genre it's pretty unique.

For a horror movie it looks pretty run off the mill. If they took off the Marvel logo would the talk of this being anything superhero related be there.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, AJG said:

For a horror movie it looks pretty run off the mill. If they took off the Marvel logo would the talk of this being anything superhero related be there.

It's not just a horror movie though it's also a superhero movie lmao. You guys kill me sometimes with these manufactured scenarios.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

"Comic book movies are getting stale. They all look the same"

*FOX proceeds to make horror inspired cbm*

"wtf is FOX doing?"

:hahaha:

Not much a fan of horror movies myself and I still think/hope they're overplaying its horror elements for the teaser but I completely agree with your point here. At least FOX seems to continually try to push CBMs into new territories lately and that's interesting.

• Like 2