Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

This film looks like a generic horror movie. I would completely write it off as a generic horror movie if I didn't know it was some sort of X-Men movie. I will not be predicting anything based on this trailer because it's bland.

I'm excited when they do something new with superhero movies and I was interested after hearing about horror angle, I just didn't expect it to look one step up from the bye bye man.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

No. New Mutants was always a Stephen King inspired title that depicted the trauma of teenhood/childhood with horror tropes. It's basically Loser's Club with mutants.

Dark Phoenix incidentally was also heavily inspired by King's Carrie. 

Thanks!

People really have no clue what they talk about.

The New Mutants comic book always had strong horror elements from day one. 

In fact, as you well know, its best-known, most iconic storyline was called The Demon-Bear Saga and it was pure horror.

[mod edit]

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mulder said:

It's not just a horror movie though it's also a superhero movie lmao. You guys kill me sometimes with these manufactured scenarios.

Carrie does the same shit as professor x, it doesn't make it a superhero film.

Apart from a Marvel logo and the word "mutants" I didn't see anything "superhero" here.

5 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Thanks!

People really have no clue what they talk about.

The New Mutants comic book always had strong horror elements from day one. 

In fact, as you well know, its best-known, most iconic storyline was called The Demon-Bear Saga and it was pure horror.

[mod edit]

The Demon-Bear Saga is also what's getting adapted here. 

5 hours ago, AJG said:

Carrie does the same shit as professor x, it doesn't make it a superhero film.

Apart from a Marvel logo and the word "mutants" I didn't see anything "superhero" here.

Professor X doesn't have telekinesis he has telepathy. 

latest?cb=20170403075604

• Like 2

Nobody is dismissing the movie. The second trailer could be really good and actually give us a hook besides teens in a haunted asylum. Remember when people were defending those crappy X-Men apocalypse trailers and it turned out that movie was crappy and it underperformed. Nobody knows what New Mutants is going to do yet.  Anybody who says they know whether it's going to be a Hit or Flop is fooling themselves.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

"Comic book movies are getting stale. They all look the same"

*FOX proceeds to make horror inspired cbm*

"wtf is FOX doing?"

:hahaha:

I'm fine with the usual comicbook movies, they aren't getting stale, people still love them :)

8 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Nobody is dismissing the movie. The second trailer could be really good and actually give us a hook besides teens in a haunted asylum. Remember when people were defending those crappy X-Men apocalypse trailers and it turned out that movie was crappy and it underperformed. Nobody knows what New Mutants is going to do yet.  Anybody who says they know whether it's going to be a Hit or Flop is fooling themselves.

...But Apocalypse was good.

:apocalypse:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

"Comic book movies are getting stale. They all look the same"

*FOX proceeds to make horror inspired cbm*

"wtf is FOX doing?"

:hahaha:

Horror style - it's good, but it looks very generic, predictable and boring. This trailer exposes very low quality of the movie. That what it sells us.

• Like 1

I didn't know what to expect, since I never read the comics, but it looks really great. Maybe even too scary for me to watch in a theater (I just don't like to get that immersed in a horror film).

I love the current trend of expanding the creative horizons of the SH genre. This might not gross as much as a regular blockbuster, but it can carve a nice niche among the horror audience.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

People are saying if this movie were MCU than more people would like it, I guess.

I don't care who made this movie I would never think this trailer was anything above mediocre.

I thought that the "Hurt" Logan trailer was good. I admit that I did not like the Deadpool trailers but I like the movie. Hence why I'm not writing off New Mutants just because I think the trailer is Bland.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

I try not to get involved in the 'fan wars' much and really should've stuck to that today. I apologize for contributing to the derailment of this thread. As far as the trailer goes...I'm not much of a horror movie fan and don't know anything about the comic books, but I like the actors. It looks interesting, but wasn't what I'd expected. 

Edited by Deja23
was being very rude
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

This film looks like a generic horror movie. I would completely write it off as a generic horror movie if I didn't know it was some sort of X-Men movie. I will not be predicting anything based on this trailer because it's bland.

I'm excited when they do something new with superhero movies and I was interested after hearing about horror angle, I just didn't expect it to look one step up from the bye bye man.

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Nobody is dismissing the movie. The second trailer could be really good and actually give us a hook besides teens in a haunted asylum. 

This isn't even the first trailer. Just a teaser to establish the mood/tone of the film. That's all teasers are supposed to do. The first trailer will obviously show the powers of the kids. *Unless there's an in story reason for the children not being able to use their powers for the first couple of acts. 

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1