Neo

Justice League Dark | HBO Max | Series by Bad Robot

Ben Mendelsohn reportedly being considered for the villain role

Following yesterday's casting rumors for Warners' upcoming Justice League Dark movie, a new report has surfaced, claiming Rogue One and The Dark Knight Rises actor Ben Mendelsohn is being eyed to play Anton Arcane.

According to Heroic Hollywood, sources claim the studio is looking cast Mendelsohn as the DC Comics villain. However, the actor's involvement is reportedly contingent upon who ends up directing the film.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11/18/justice-league-dark-dark-knight-rises-and-rogue-ones-ben-mendelsohn-rumored-for-anton-arcane-villain-role?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=4&utm_campaign=Blogroll

Joblo reporting Fede Alvarez (Evil Dead) and Aharon Keshales & Navot Papushado (Big Bad Wolves) front runners for Dark Universe.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-who-are-the-frontrunners-to-direct-justice-league-dark-925

El Mayimbe says he heard the names, but was getting denials so didn't run the story.  We'll see.

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Gamb1993 said:

Gah, why'd they have to get the second best director they've hired to do the movie I'm the least interested in... Oh well, at least this has gotten me mildly more interested in the movie now.

I said this when he was attached to Gambit but the 180 change in opinion on him has been crazy, couple years ago he was a Ratner-esque joke

Good for him, just interesting how one genre movie people like makes all the difference

24 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I said this when he was attached to Gambit but the 180 change in opinion on him has been crazy, couple years ago he was a Ratner-esque joke

Good for him, just interesting how one genre movie people like makes all the difference

Why was he a joke? His worst films that I can see are Mr & Mrs Smith and Jumper.

1 minute ago, Gamb1993 said:

Why was he a joke? His worst films that I can see are Mr & Mrs Smith and Jumper.

Jumper mostly, and he has a reputation as a director whose productions can be extremely messy (Bourne Identity, for instance, had a crazy amount of behind the scenes drama. Edge of Tomorrow didn't exactly have a smooth production either)

4 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Lol poor cursed Gambit.

Regarding JLD, I hope some of the rumored castings from last year are true, especially Constantine Farrell and Belucci as Madame X.

God, Fox was stupid enough to announce Liman as director and NOT have under contract/legal obligation to do the film? What a bunch of idiots.....