Neo

Geostorm | 10.20.2017 | Dean Devlin directs. Gerard Butler, Andy Garcia. The world ends in IMAX 3D. New even more ridiculous and more awesome trailer on page 25

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

I guess Warners decided to just get it over with.

But the warners PR department is preparing for the inevitable storm (no joke intended) of criticism for exploiting the recent disasters  that is coming there way.

I don't see anybody getting up in arms over this movie because the storm in the film is entirely man-made. 

• Like 1

Warner Brothers can't control the weather. Anyone who gets angry about this movie being released will probably be few and far between, and if they do, I hope they take the price of a ticket and donate to the people in Puerto Rico, Barbuda, and the other islands who have been badly hit.

• Like 3

I think the timing is bad obviously with 4 Mega Hurricanes Back to Back.  But in Defense of Devin, He and Roland have been screaming at the top of their lungs about Global Warming and Climate change with films like "Day After Tomorrow" and "2012" so they've been on this train for the last decade about our weather becoming out of control.   I'm going to give it shot because it's the type of movie I would of watched as a teen in the 90's.  In no way am I'm saying it's going to be good but I'm going to give it a chance.  Roland and Devin have literally reinvented the Disaster Genre 20 years ago.  

• Like 5

On 22/09/2017 at 9:31 PM, filmlover said:

I don't see anybody getting up in arms over this movie because the storm in the film is entirely man-made. 

All storms are man made !

Get with the programme or be called an idiot by climatologists.

Looks like any disaster movie ever:

CGI nature going wild? Check.

Boring subplot about a single dad hero and his annoying daughter? Check.

The movie soars when nature decimates humans but sinks when daddy/baby girl sap kicks in? Check.

Starring has-beens, never-was's and never-will-be's? Check.

POTUS is a hero/villain depending on the political climate when the movie was made? Check.

Asian nerd? Check.

Plot armor most notably executed through characters outrunning any natural disaster on their path (frost, fire, earthquake, tsunami, etc)? Check. 

Intentionally funny scenes that actually make one want to see this despite being like any disaster movie ever (that frozen guy money shot :rofl:) ? Check.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, DAJK said:

Everyone at work is stanning against this movie, and I'm the only real defender. Don't let me down Butler

If your expectations are Gerard Butler standard expectations...

I suspect you won't be let down.  

And neither will I!