Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

For most of the franchise history Moneypenny pretty much only showed up at M16 Headquarters in the first few minutes of the film. So it's just back to normal.

Before she wasn't a demoted field agent who was told she couldn't cut it in the field (though it's not as if Bond hasn't been a screw up in this series - especially the Craig years) in the same film the female M gets offed so we can go back to a male M oh and the erstwhile child sex slave gets her head blown off.    Like I said retrograde - all while Broccoli et al went on and on about how progressive the movie was with it's women characters...   Feh.  There were stronger more capable Bond women in the 1960s.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Lashana Lynch was awesome in Captain Marvel, great to hear she's getting a big role in this. She's gonna be a spy?

Allegedly her character's the new 007 after Bond retires from MI6 (I've heard/read nothing officially confirming this, though THR says that it's reasonably accurate).

I've a strong feeling that it's probably not going to be permanent, though I do hope she's good in it (and that this kills off the "James Bond is a codename" theory for good).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

We’ve got to be getting a teaser trailer for this in the next few weeks, surely? I’m thinking around the time ROTS hits....

You'd think....same for Godzilla vs Kong, and Fast & Furious 9. And Black Widow. We're behind on several trailers for big movies.

Edited by JB33

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

You'd think....same for Godzilla vs Kong, and Fast & Furious 9. And Black Widow. We're behind on several trailers for big movies.

Exactly. 

Black Widow will obviously land with Disney’s Star Wars. 
I can see Godzilla getting moved, and Furious 9....yeah that will probably drop a teaser very soon.  

Bond though....considering it’s the first for four years and always a major worldwide event - I feel like they need to start letting people know this is coming in five months. Different kind of audience to the other movies you’ve mentioned. They need to get older moviegoers talking about NTTD over the holidays. 

10 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Exactly. 

Black Widow will obviously land with Disney’s Star Wars. 
I can see Godzilla getting moved, and Furious 9....yeah that will probably drop a teaser very soon.  

Bond though....considering it’s the first for four years and always a major worldwide event - I feel like they need to start letting people know this is coming in five months. Different kind of audience to the other movies you’ve mentioned. They need to get older moviegoers talking about NTTD over the holidays. 

Maybe Bond gets moved too....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JB33 said:

I don't think we're that far behind on a Black Widow trailer.

MCU films coming out in May usually have their first trailers come out around late November/December. Which means that we don't have to wait for that trailer to happen.

The other two-well, I'm probably not going to see those in cinemas...

11 hours ago, wildphantom said:

We’ve got to be getting a teaser trailer for this in the next few weeks, surely? I’m thinking around the time ROTS hits....

That's been my suspicion for the past month or so. 

The Rise of Skywalker, whether you care or not, is still probably the biggest event film coming this December. I mean, the trailer for Bond would be a little out of place before Frozen II, so Star Wars is the more obvious place for it to go. Attaching the first trailer to it will mean the most people see it in theatres.

And maybe we'll (I'll) be lucky and get the Tenet trailer out too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Noctis said:

I didn't know this was coming out in April...wtf

There's a James Bond film coming out in five months?

Actually, the non-marketing to date isn't out of the ordinary. First teaser for Skyfall was almost exactly five months before release. From what I can tell, teaser for QoS was about 4 1/2 months before release.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Goszilla vs Kong is going to flop in the wake of Godzilla:KoM flopping. It's the same actors who flopped it. At least Skull Island had SLJ. 

It's not though. 95% of the cast is new, including all the starring roles.

18 hours ago, JB33 said:

Maybe Bond gets moved too....

Last Bond movie didn't bomb - unlike last Godzilla.

I like the idea of Godzilla being postponed - hopefully indefinitely. But Bond should be here on time - like he always does.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1