Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

That just sounds bad. Stephen Lang as the villain was probably one of the weaker aspects of the film. He was just really one dimensional. To have him back for all the sequels they definitely have to make him a lot more interesting.

2 hours ago, eXtacy said:

That just sounds bad. Stephen Lang as the villain was probably one of the weaker aspects of the film. He was just really one dimensional. To have him back for all the sequels they definitely have to make him a lot more interesting.

IMO he's one of the stronger aspects. He's one dimensional but he's one badass villain. He's like T-800 in Terminator 1, whose sole purpose is to overpower you and fuck things up.

The real weak bad-guy link is Giovanni Ribisi's character. He's also corporation-hired but he doesn't want to see things get too ugly. That character should've had a bit more to it. But then that is mainly due to the lack of explaination of that evil mining company RDA and its connection with the Earth. This is actually the part that I look forward to the most from the sequels. After watching all the fancy stuff on Pandora, I'd love to see what's really going on on the Earth. We had a glimpse of it in Avatar 1 but obviously there are a hell lot more that could be done in the sequels.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Durden said:

Josh Brolin Turned Down ‘Avatar’ Sequels and James Cameron Was Pissed

http://www.slashfilm.com/josh-brolin-turned-down-avatar-sequels/

Good for Brolin.  Cameron has been known to get a little "heated" when it comes to making movies, but if Brolin's take on what happened is real, Cameron didn't need to be that petty. Oh well, I 'm sure both are happy where they are so not too big of a deal 

9 hours ago, Elessar said:

Well, Sean Connery turned down Gandalf. Wouldn't be the first stupid decision... ;)

Well there's a difference. One is a new project that many doubted, another is the sequel to the highest grossing film of all time.

But I dont trust that article. The original article basically says "Kosinsk says Brolin told him he turned Cameron down." I dont know the credibility of Esquire.com, but I tend to not 100% believe in anything from the internet these days, unless it has an official source or in this case let's say there's video that can prove it. There're just too many fake stuff in this internet era. There actually have been tons of those that were proven wrong or fake, so better keep a sharp eye on these stuff.

Edited by vc2002

1 hour ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Ehhhh its a 4 film shoot back to back to back to back. It looks him up and no matter how big these movies are being Thanos and Cable does more for his career and popularity to the GA

I reckon he's going to want to try out some less mainstream roles with audience goodwill built up after next year.