Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

7 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I liked it more than the first trailer but some of the CGI is pretty rough.

Looks like Danny McBride is the 2nd main character which is a bit weird

I can't wait for Kenny Powers to kick some alien ass.

Image result for kenny powers gif

18 minutes ago, Goffe said:

the trailer is super good, but can't really get excited for it. doesn't seem to have anything interesting to offer.

Theres a glimpse of something at 1:57, but other than that it looks like the most violent xenomorph show.  I'll be kinda disappointed if its just that, but either way I won't pass up a Riddler scifi.

Not really feeling it. Feels like a mashup of Prometheus and an Alien remake, only with a lot of catering to the 21st-century generic horror model of fast cutting, jarring editing, and hyper-kinetic movement that just looks off.

• Like 2

Looks like a schlocky gorefest more interested in the blood than brains, IMO. Kinda missing the point of the good ones. Straight up though if you didn't slap the Alien name on this it could have been any mid-2000s sci-fi movie that disappeared after two weeks. Like some old Jason Statham vehicle or something. But I'm rooting for it!! I obviously hope it will be great. I just don't feel it.

• Like 4

Liked the trailer for Kong a lot more. Atmosphere looks really cool once it gets going but the acting was sort of suspect to start. Sort of feels, been there done that with the whole egg scene so I hope they skip over that part quick. Think it will be fun but worried about the hooded character they showed briefly. Think it should stay indoors and it's obviously not going to. 

4 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Not really feeling it. Feels like a mashup of Prometheus and an Alien remake, only with a lot of catering to the 21st-century generic horror model of fast cutting, jarring editing, and hyper-kinetic movement that just looks off.

This.

I'm not feeling it either. Hopefully the trailer isn't representative of the tone of the movie.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, somebody85 said:

Liked the trailer for Kong a lot more. Atmosphere looks really cool once it gets going but the acting was sort of suspect to start. Sort of feels, been there done that with the whole egg scene so I hope they skip over that part quick. Think it will be fun but worried about the hooded character they showed briefly. Think it should stay indoors and it's obviously not going to. 

I want to reserve judgement but usually Scott's movies are trailer-magnets.

Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, Kingdom of Heaven, Hannibal

even the mediocre Prometheus & Robin Hood - all have rousing trailers

I share your sentiment: I can't believe Ridley Scott directed this.

Wait for the Final Trailer?

• Like 1

Read the comments before watching the trailer, and it's a lot better than people were suggesting. But then I always said I'd be happy with a decent, simple 'alien kills everyone on-board' horror movie. Don't let me down, Ridley.

Edited by Hatebox

4 hours ago, The Stingray said:

This.

I'm not feeling it either. Hopefully the trailer isn't representative of the tone of the movie.

The trailer is very good representation of the movie. I am hearing good things but that's all...nothing that will blow your socks off. Expecting a 40-50% on RT.