AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

2 hours ago, eddyxx said:

I was really surprised about this. Why cast such a good actress for a nothing role?

I kept expecting to see her in one of the battle scenes and nothing lol.  They could've cast a no-name actor for that role.

But isn't Christie a no-name actress though? She's only known in Game of Thrones and even so barely compared to the other actors with more meaningful roles in that.

38 minutes ago, GirafficPark said:

I really hope they dont ship Rey and Kylo if they are cousins, they dont need to copy the whole OT...

uhhh no one is going to be shipping Reylo.

Edited by Salacious Tree Crumb

On 12/17/2015, 6:55:53, CoolioD1 said:

I've already seen people on the interwebs complain about kylo ren not being "badass" enough because he was petulent or whatever. that's great though. dummies can't accept vulnerability in their bad guys they just want them to be "cool" and threatening. i think driver pretty much pulled off whatever it was Hayden Christensen was trying to do in SITH with this character.

Kylo Ren is the best new character then Poe.

I thought he was punching at the wound 1) to tell the audience he had been hit by Chewie's crossbow thing that we'd already seen knock stormtroopers off their feet and heard how powerful it was (nice, JJ, I see what you did there); and, in story, 2) to sort of gird himself/use the pain, like you see sometimes characters hitting themselves to get ready for a fight kind of thing.  

Read the article linked above with some JJ-splanation. So, it was Yoda and Obi-Wan's voices that Rey heard.  Interesting.  Her being left with some junk dealer, while, okay, a good way to hide her, does seem kind of awful though.  I mean, at least Luke was left with family who cared about him.  

• Community Manager
2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Finn is not pointless.

He's the normal character who's over his head for the audience to relate to and also the comic foil.

He's like a mix of ANH Luke and C-3PO. 

He's also the new "Han". :ph34r:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

Poe is Han, Finn is Leia, Rey is Luke, Luke is Finn, Poe is Leia, Rey is Han, Leia is Han, and Luke is Poe. Glad we got that all cleared up.

You got the first 3 right though. But you forgot to add BB-8 is the new R2D2. ;)