CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

For me, the problem (other than a lot of slow-mo and a bajillion shots of those helicopter things) was that this is Paul’s journey, and Paul is the most boring Special Boy ever.  

It just could have been a lot better.  Or maybe it couldn’t have, and this is just the story, such as it is.  

1 hour ago, sabrecmc said:

For me, the problem (other than a lot of slow-mo and a bajillion shots of those helicopter things) was that this is Paul’s journey, and Paul is the most boring Special Boy ever.  

It just could have been a lot better.  Or maybe it couldn’t have, and this is just the story, such as it is.  

This is pretty much the story. Paul was fairly boring and one note in the book. I found Jessica to be the better character there.

Edited by Orestes

I thought it was great, and one of the most immersive cinematic experiences I've had, well worth the extra drive to see it on a proper Imax screen. The audience I was with seemed to enjoy it as well based on conversations I could overhear on the way out. It does suffer a bit from being very emotionally cold BUT I'm okay with that in certain cases if the film delivers an incredible atmosphere and world (Boorman's Excalibur is similar where I don't get too attached to the characters but is a stunning work regardless). It'll be easier to fully judge when/if the next film comes out but it was still a great experience.

• Like 3

Really liked it, though I definitely think I might not have connected as much if I hadn’t read the book recently. Perhaps seeing it in theaters might’ve made for a better experience as I saw it on HBO Max with my fiancé. And he flat out hated it and kept asking questions that distracted me a bit. He doesn’t plan to see the sequel (if/when it happens), but I was overall satisfied and definitely looking forward to the continuation. Lots of things near identical to the book, and some changes that worked. I wasn’t really wowed by anyone’s acting, but no one stood out in a negative way either. I haven’t seen the other versions of Dune so this is my first exposure to it on screen. I really do feel it was portrayed in the best way possible. 8/10 for me, 6/500 for the fiancé. 

Edited by Deja23

Been rewatching the movie scenes after scenes since yesterday. This thing is god damn glorious, even on just a 2K monitor and a pair of earbuds i have at home (no theaters open due to restrictions for months now, no Max either). Will definitely watch it again in theaters, IMAX preferably, if possible.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

how is it trolling?? stop stalking my posts.

Because you go <insert movie> is a flop lol and repeat it over and over again. So Dune with a HBO Max release should open above HK and do 50M. What person not trolling actually believes that?

12 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Is the script for Dune Part 2 already written?

No but I wouldn't be surprised if they had a draft. Part 1 draft contains scenes that may have been moved to Part 2. It didn't end where the movie ended but further down the line. basically, if you read the book, it ended before the time jump. 

• Like 1