kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

Considering that at the end of its run No way Home will have grossed exactly double of Far From Home excluding China (1.86B vs 930M), I think the same could happen with Doctor Strange. The first movie grossed $678M, 570M excluding China, and for the sequel I expect about $1.14B

17 minutes ago, jking123 said:

its not impossible for all 3 mcu films this year to do a billion right? theres hype there for each one. every marvel movie this year and next seem event tier too

With China, locked. Without China it’s more difficult but certainly doable. My expectation is $3.3-3.5B for all 3 without China. 

Edited by PenguinXXR

10 minutes ago, jking123 said:

its not impossible for all 3 mcu films this year to do a billion right? theres hype there for each one. every marvel movie this year and next seem event tier too

Over a billion for each is guaranteed. MoM is riding the multiverse tidal wave and is propped by Wanda and Strange enhanced popularity thanks to Wandavision, Avengers movies and NWH. Thor:Love and Thunder will increase from Ragnarok (which was already close to billion with 853M WW. Again, character's enhanced popularity ever since, Waititi's touch and Christian Bale (this casting created a lot of hype). BP:Wakanda Forever comes off a 1.3B grossing first movie. Even if the sequel drops (RIP Chadwick, Wright controversy, who is the new BP?), it wouldn't drop below 1B. Also, Thanksgiving legs. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

Every line by her is instantly iconic

She brainwashed and tortured a town and kidnapped children. She is a villain.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 7
  • Disbelief 1

9 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

Every line by her is instantly iconic

Ah, but if you actually *listen* to how she's saying the line...the character is clearly a bit mentally disturbed, at this point...  

I can predict what happens right after this moment -- she rages and blasts Strange a half-mile away, a la Jean Grey/Phoenix.

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Ah, but if you actually *listen* to how she's saying the line...the character is clearly a bit mentally disturbed, at this point...  

I can predict what happens right after this moment -- she rages and blasts Strange a half-mile away, a la Jean Grey/Phoenix.

Yeah sadly it's not looking good for Wanda. 

She is becoming more of anti-hero/villian now. Like in the comics where she has been manipulated by many. 

I am really excited for Wanda's future in MCU. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Yeah sadly it's not looking good for Wanda. 

She is becoming more of anti-hero/villian now. Like in the comics where she has been manipulated by many. 

I am really excited for Wanda's future in MCU. 

Well, she always was/that's how she started...in this universe.  I give props to Feige/Marvel/the screenwriters here for calling this out, being kind of "meta" in how they're tackling this.  They know this is what fans are talking about -- now they may debate it in the movie, itself.  It *is* kind of a double standard, and has been, historically, as men have been forgiven for so many things so much more easily than women...

Edited by Macleod

Yes, Wanda intentionally tortured the town because she had full control of her powers at that point and definitely knew exactly what was going on. It's not like she dropped the illusion when she was given the full picture. Definitely aren't leaving out a lot of important context when you call her a straight-up villain. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Wanda is clearly heavily influenced by the Darkhold by this point, that's why she said that line in that way. But she still has a point. She didn't create Westview intentionally, it was an accident caused by her overwhelming grief, and she quickly gave it up when realized the truth even though it meant losing Vision(again) and her kids. Whereas Strange did all those reality bending things (including memory-wiping the whole entire universe) on purpose. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lion Roar said:

Wanda is clearly heavily influenced by the Darkhold by this point, that's why she said that line in that way. But she still has a point. She didn't create Westview intentionally, it was an accident caused by her overwhelming grief, and she quickly gave it up when realized the truth even though it meant losing Vision(again) and her kids. Whereas Strange did all those reality bending things (including memory-wiping the whole entire universe) on purpose. 

Strange messed with reality so that a teenager can go to college. Tony Stark was literally playing God in AOU. 

If they are still heroes , then calling Wanda evil doesn't make sense.