kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

If is confusing if you have not seen Wandavision, that could hurt it. People don't like to be confused.

LOL remember when Feige said you wouldn't need to watch the shows to follow the movies? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

The best indicator for WOM among the GA will always be the percentage of how much/how little a movie drops in its run. This is especially helpful after the 2nd weekend, since many well-liked Hype movies suffer a big drop in the sophomore weekend as we all know. But beginning with the 3rd weekend, the picture becomes a lot clearer.

Scores and ratings can be manipulated. The raw numbers cant.

Competition (or the lack thereof) may impact numbers

6 hours ago, WorkingonaName said:

I dont think the GA are gonna like this movie, This movie does not work if you haven't seen Wandavision 

Agree. Heard several whispers of people asking what was happening.

At least it's very action heavy (the other only MCU movie that I remember had a similar amount of action is Infinity War), so maybe that compensates it.

Seems to me the only people mad are Wanda stans lol. I’m sorry but from what I’ve heard about this movie, and it’s not spoilers cause I haven’t read any actual spoilers but Wanda was clearly shown to be pretty flawed in that series.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Seems to me the only people mad are Wanda stans lol. I’m sorry but from what I’ve heard about this movie, and it’s not spoilers cause I haven’t read any actual spoilers but Wanda was clearly shown to be pretty flawed in that series.

Yep, exactly what is happening in Brazil. 

I saw a lot of brazilians complaining on RT audience page already lol 

But yeah it's just a loud bubble

4 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I dunno why people want these perfect female heroines who can do no wrong when the males aren’t perfect either. Perfect heroes are boring. 

We don't want a perfect hero, we're just tired of seeing a character go through the same arc over and over again, with little carry over from previous projects.

Also - none of the male starring leads in the movies are "bad" like Wanda is. They never will be. 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Early reception in Brazil is also very good. 

Some hardcore fans are pissed tho, but that's it. I think this could deflate the ratings online tbh, don't know how much.

Good WOM in Japan and France too FWIW. 

I’m intrigued by the polarizing opinions.