Ezen Baklattan

THE THREAD OF THE FURIOUS: Friday #s (DHD, Pg 36) F8 45.5M, BB 6.6M, BATB 5.3M, Smurfs 2.9M, GIS 2.1M

F8's overseas numbers are so massive that a relatively soft domestic performance is pretty much irrelevant. I'm sure even a movie like Tokyo Drift (spin-off without the original cast that no one here really cares about) would make insane bank now.

• Like 1

98 and 2.35x gives 230. I don't think it will cross 235.

As long as it's below POTC4's 241 dom, it will end up as the lowest dom grosser to cross 1b WW.

If F8 does 2.3x and 225 then F9 could well be the 1st sub-200 dom to get 1b but it may need an even more amazing gross in China.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

98 and 2.35x gives 230. I don't think it will cross 235.

As long as it's below POTC4's 241 dom, it will end up as the lowest dom grosser to cross 1b WW.

If F8 does 2.3x and 225 then F9 could well be the 1st sub-200 dom to get 1b but it may need an even more amazing gross in China.

If they set the next one in China, F9 could make $150m Dom and still crack $1B.

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Glad they didn't fudge, keeps some respect, unlike paramount.

Wonder if the worldwide record is gone too. 

That will result in a lot of headline altering lol.

No, they won't alter the headline.  That's why they get the estimates out on Sunday.  That gets the headlines.  By Monday, no one cares.  They do this all the time.

• Like 15

Fast 8 and TF5 and Pirates 5 will gross in the 180-240 range domestic but likely do many times more overseas.

TF5: 200 million - 700 million Overseas

Pirates 5: 220 million - 750 million overseas

Fast 8: 230 million - 1.00 billion overseas. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

Meh, I expect Pirates to have a disappointing overseas run as well. I also expect sub 200 mil US for Transformers 5.

Disappointing runs for these films will likely be north of a 500 million overseas regardless. 

Tf5 will be boosted by a massive gross in China. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Also, for the seventh weekend in a row (a.k.a. every subsequent weekend since its release eight weeks ago), Universal and Blumhouse's Get Out had the smallest drop within the top ten. This weekend it dipped just 28% for an estimated $2.9 million as its domestic cume now stands at $167.5 million. per mojo

Proud of it, perhaps this is the last week that get out stay in top 10, next week, 5 new wide release will squeeze out the holdover eventhough their opening number won't be any higher too.....

Hope GO still can legs out to $175m in this scale of intense competition 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, baumer said:

No, they won't alter the headline.  That's why they get the estimates out on Sunday.  That gets the headlines.  By Monday, no one cares.  They do this all the time.

With the exception of TFA, which added $13m worldwide with Monday actuals. That one's always been a bit of a mystery to me.