Ezen Baklattan

THE THREAD OF THE FURIOUS: Friday #s (DHD, Pg 36) F8 45.5M, BB 6.6M, BATB 5.3M, Smurfs 2.9M, GIS 2.1M

21 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

You're also really young. As someone who is, it was enjoyable but there are films that are far far better. This generation somehow finds some of those movies boring and slow though.

Have you watched John Carpenter's Halloween? I re-watched it and the goreless scariness is amazing.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Get Out is undoubtedly the best horror movie I've ever seen. Granted I'm not well versed in the genre

Not saying you're wrong...but I'd watch some of the classics (before the Saw series over-gore horror trend) before I'd stand by that...there have been some amazing low budget classic horror films, some which still hold up for scares and creepiness surprisingly well even now (and some of them, I watched 20-30 years after they came out - the mark of a great movie is its timelessness:)...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davincicode1 said:

Except everyone already KNEW that AS would perform good, everyone predicted at least 100-150 Million in gross (domestic). It over performed but there was no way it would have flopped or failed to cross the 100 Million mark in US.  

I mean it had Clint as director + military-themed + A-listers as leads + pro-America (intended to attract conservatives) + based on best-selling book + war-invasion etc.

Yeah, Get Out remains as the biggest BO surprise of the year

Get Out surprised because it could've performed like Mama or Don't Breathe. But it's performing like What Lies Beneath, or The Blair Witch Project. 

11 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

I guess...but that's like when some one says I am not African based on how I looked.. 

wait, i may have missed the post you were quoting. Was someone questioning if she was black?  I thought you put that, sorry, I obviously misread.

I was just saying it's not fair to say she isn't black, just more that she isn't excellent.  Guess my joke missed the mark :P 

15 hours ago, baumer said:

There is so much wrong with this post.  

Gee, ok. Point it out then. You got like 12 upvotes for saying this, so now I feel like shit, lol. 

15 hours ago, filmlover said:

According to...what, exactly?

I remember that since around the time I started being a part of online Box Office forums that when people would doubt a movie like Fast and Furious 6 or Furious 7, somebody else would always hammer the point in that every one of these films (outside Tokyo Drift for obvious reasons) has 

The fact that the series has been 1 < 2 < 4 < 5 < 6 < 7 has always been a point that people love to hammer in. Not just by forumers, but by the type of people who write editorials. 

Has any other franchise hit a new peak on 6 different occasions? I'm not aware of any that have. 

But now that I look it up again, the domestic growth hasn't really been all that consistent or impressive. So I guess that's where I was mistaken when I made the first post. 

My slight disappointment over the domestic opening remains in tact though. My logic is that Furious 7 brought $100 million worth of new American fans to the franchise. And it was a very well received film. I expected that at the very least, a significant portion of these new fans would stick around for the next installment. But now it seems to have fallen right back down to FF6 levels. As if on top of almost all of the "new fans" jumping ship, there was also a portion of people who had been fans since 2013 that also jumped ship. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Have you watched John Carpenter's Halloween? I re-watched it and the goreless scariness is amazing.

lol of course. Halloween is not only my favorite horror film, it lands in my top 10 favorite films overall. That film holds up so well to this day. They didn't need a loud noise every time Michael appears. He was just there. That's what made it so unsettling (and satisfying). The opening scenes in Haddonfield are brilliant.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

Carpenter's HALLOWEEN and Hooper's TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE fo' life. 

Indeed but I'll still give the 2003 remake of TCM a ton of credit. It got the remake formula right. You already know I will not give Zombies Halloween the same.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

lol of course. Halloween is not only my favorite horror film, it lands in my top 10 favorite films overall. That film holds up so well to this day. They didn't need a loud noise every time Michael appears. He was just there. That's what made it so unsettling (and satisfying). The opening scenes in Haddonfield are brilliant.

dat background score - not as simplistic as jaws but as effective.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

dat background score - not as simplistic as jaws but as effective.

Oh yeah but there are plenty of scenes in that movie where Michael is in the shot with none of the iconic score (like when Annies in the washroom). The way that was filmed was genius.

• Like 3

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Wow. A Halloween love fest. Im here. :)

Its my fave horror film as well and makes my top 5 films of all time.

I would have never guessed in a million years. :P

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

Wow. A Halloween love fest. Im here. :)

Its my fave horror film as well and makes my top 5 films of all time.

yep at worst Halloween is in my top 10 of all time.  My top 10 alters all the time, not really the movies in it, just the order since they are all so great and it depends on my mood :P 

• Like 2

Just now, drdungbeetle said:

"Get Out is the best horror movie ever made" remind me not to recommend people from this board to any film critic panel....

...on the other hand, it sounds kinda like something the Academy would say.

Theres nothing wrong with having that opinion though. Just like theres nothing wrong with you disagreeing with it.

• Like 11