Ezen Baklattan

THE THREAD OF THE FURIOUS: Friday #s (DHD, Pg 36) F8 45.5M, BB 6.6M, BATB 5.3M, Smurfs 2.9M, GIS 2.1M

3 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

So a film can't be horror and about racism?

And you're implying racism doesn't exist?

Don't waste your energy with BKB. It's honestly for your own good.

• Like 6

Geez,didn't know Easter brought out the weirdos. Is Easter the new full moon or some thing? We got peeps attacking horror movies saying they can't have sterotypes in them.. Yeah, like that never happens. Then we got baned people returning. Trying to act like we don't know who they are. What's next...

• Like 1

There are these two snippets from boxofficeprophets and boxofficeguru regarding Furious 8's weekend analysis I wanted to show.....

http://www.boxofficeprophets.com/column/index.cfm?columnID=18876&cmin=10&columnpage=3

"as the opening-to-total multiplier for the last three films has ranged between 2.4 and 2.45, which means that this one should finish with about $260 million stateside. "

http://www.boxofficeguru.com/weekend.htm

"Studio data showed that the crowd was 58% male, 59% non-white, and split evenly between males and females. "

I wanted to add a snippet for myself in regards to Fate and the Furious's weekend performance and say that it is the #2 opening in the series, even when adjusted for inflation.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

There are these two snippets from boxofficeprophets and boxofficeguru regarding Furious 8's weekend analysis I wanted to show.....

http://www.boxofficeprophets.com/column/index.cfm?columnID=18876&cmin=10&columnpage=3

"as the opening-to-total multiplier for the last three films has ranged between 2.4 and 2.45, which means that this one should finish with about $260 million stateside. "

http://www.boxofficeguru.com/weekend.htm

"Studio data showed that the crowd was 58% male, 59% non-white, and split evenly between males and females. "

I wanted to add a snippet for myself in regards to Fate and the Furious's weekend performance and say that it is the #2 opening in the series, even when adjusted for inflation.

:rofl::rofl: 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, movieboner said:

FF8 had an Avenger's type opening in China. That kind of opening outside the US is incredible.

China's growth is very impressive. It won't be long before $200 million openings become more common there than the US. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Someone is saying KSI isnt bringing in profit for L.P and WB? 

:redcapes:

It did fine. I can't wait to see Kong vs Godzilla. Big Godzilla fan by the way.

1 hour ago, bitterturdtalkin said:

who am I bertman2? you're wrong, I'm not a previously banned poster, but youre respose to my comment is blatant trolling, and when I pointed that out it was edited. Congrats, Im no longer coming to this site, I'm going to advise everyone I know to do the same, and I think I'll do some reporting on the vicious hatred you have here for new people.

sizwqikzcgjyatxpyl7n.jpg

• Like 2

Universal has two monster franchises on their hands, make it three if you count Illumination.  Pretty amazing stuff.  Plus they have two giant horror hits early this year.  Truly terrific start to the year for them.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

Universal has two monster franchises on their hands, make it three if you count Illumination.  Pretty amazing stuff.  Plus they have two giant horror hits early this year.  Truly terrific start to the year for them.

4 if the universal monsters universe does decent enough starting with Mummy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cookson said:

4 if the universal monsters universe does decent enough starting with Mummy. 

Don't underestimate Tom Cruise + a monster movie. Going to be interesting 

Edited by BoxOfficeZ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KP1025 said:

China's growth is very impressive. It won't be long before $200 million openings become more common there than the US. 

The growth has ceased for 2 years now, but they have doubled the screens causing larger OWs and lower OW multies.  The huge tentpoles have flattened out at $200-240m. TF and FF are their uber blockbusters.  With 25% more screens added this year we will see $200m OWs(TF5 maybe) but that may not translate into larger overall BO. With RE6, XXX, KONG and FF8 all performing so well, this year is still just flat. I think the small and midsized movies take a hit when the big ones overperform. Only so many yuan to go around.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, baumer said:

They have had a small chance at #1 all year.  All it takes it one or two Disney film's to underperform.

6 hours ago, Barnack said:

Tomorrowland show how hard it can be to succeed with an unproven movie concept.

190 million budget giant movie, Brad Bird perfect track record, big producers, one of the biggest marketing campaign of over 2 year's , superbowl ads, with an impressive trailers, 10 minutes previews playing before Age of Ultron in a lot of theater, staring Clooney.

A bad ending (but still a better movie than a lot of those franchise movie getting high acclaim because they start with very low expectation imo), mediocre reviews (50% RT) and the movie do not reach 90 million domestic.

Terminator Genisys made 440 million worldwide and the same as Tomorrowland domestic for a comparison...

While I enjoyed Tomorrowland, I can see why it failed so horribly. Only 10% of the film was actually set in the Tomorrowland world and most of that was the finale.

9 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

While I enjoyed Tomorrowland, I can see why it failed so horribly. Only 10% of the film was actually set in the Tomorrowland world and most of that was the finale.

No one was really going to go see Tomorrowland for the "Tomorrowland world" anyway though. They were going to go see it if it was a good movie with a good concept, which it wasn't.

Edited by Eevin
  • Like 3

And I'm not sure it is something you can know before seeing the movie, it did not fail because of specially bad legs, it also did not open high enough.

Because the trailers could not tell the story (and was not a already known one for the audience), it needed good reviews to have a chance, even then it does not always work (BFG, Kudo, etc...).