grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

I absolutely cannot wait to see the Endgame opening week numbers. I think we will all be blown away at the capacity of a movie to make money we never thought was possible. Maybe 300 million is a real possibility, but I won’t jinx it. Definitely looking like IW’a opening week record will be toast by a quite a bit. Maybe 275 is a realistic bet at this point. 

• Like 2

My tiny real-life sample involved sitting around dinner Friday night with a bunch of parents of my daughter's softball teammates and the convo turned to Endgame. I was the only one with tickets, but every single person at the table planned on going and was like, "Oh, I guess I should probably go ahead and get tickets."  Most people really don't think about this stuff the way I do, lol.  So, I guess I'm saying that I think there are still a lot of people who have intentions of going opening weekend, but who have not bought their tickets yet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sabrecmc said:

My tiny real-life sample involved sitting around dinner Friday night with a bunch of parents of my daughter's softball teammates and the convo turned to Endgame. I was the only one with tickets, but every single person at the table planned on going and was like, "Oh, I guess I should probably go ahead and get tickets."  Most people really don't think about this stuff the way I do, lol.  So, I guess I'm saying that I think there are still a lot of people who have intentions of going opening weekend, but who have not bought their tickets yet.

A lot of people are going to be surprised and or pissed they're sitting in the front row of a 3D showing at 2am

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

A lot of people are going to be surprised and or pissed they're sitting in the front row of a 3D showing at 2am

Or maybe they will not go on OW. 

I have a feeling Avengers Endgame first weedays are going to be lit. 

29 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

A number that's higher than 240M but less than 320M?

But is it more likely to miss this range low, or high? :ph34r:

Edited by Thanos Legion

49 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

A number that's higher than 240M but less than 320M?

So you’re Deadline’s expert source. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Looking at the first 8 hours today, it doesn't look like going below 10k will happen today 

Updated by @akvalley: 2019-04-08 08:02:24 Central

RANK	PERCENT	TICKETS	MOVIE
1	54.079%	2910	Avengers Endgame (2019)
2	12.451%	670	Shazam!
3	06.634%	357	Avengers Endgame  (2019)
4	05.612%	302	Pet Sematary (2019)
5	03.624%	195	Captain Marvel (2019)
6	02.936%	158	Us (2019)
7	01.914%	103	Dumbo (2019)
8	01.468%	79	Hellboy (2019)
9	01.208%	65	The Best of Enemies

4 hours later, from 3.25k to 8.45k, hourly rate of 1.3k 😮 Still 12 hours left to go :circles: What in the world is going on!?

Since: 2019-04-07 12:00:00 (US/Central - Chicago)

RANK	PERCENT	TICKETS	MOVIE
1	45.525%	7483	Avengers Endgame (2019)
2	15.283%	2512	Shazam!
3	06.765%	1112	Pet Sematary (2019)
4	05.895%	969	Avengers Endgame  (2019)
5	05.025%	826	Captain Marvel (2019)
6	03.693%	607	Us (2019)
7	03.060%	503	Dumbo (2019)
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 3

7 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Is this movie going to be sold out before the weekend even begins lol

Someone on here (can’t remember who) said that they’re theater manager friend said they were looking at a real possibility of having essentially no available seats for walk up for Friday after 4pm.

8 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Is this movie going to be sold out before the weekend even begins lol

The 7:40 show I'm seeing that Friday night is completely sold out in the biggest non-PLF auditorium (the PLF at 7:00 is completely sold out too). To anybody showing up to the theater that night thinking that even the first row will be available, I wish you luck.

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

are theaters going to open up a 2nd round of tickets near release?

Like I imagine they will open up more screen here in Canada lol 

They should, but it’s not going to be the same amount that was added for IW simply for the fact that in a lot of locations they’re already over IW final total for Thursday.  

12 minutes ago, Matthew said:

I am becoming optimistic about 300M+ OW🤔🤔🤔

I’m still not on that train just yet. Need to see the holds over the next week and if it can continue this high pace. Also curious just how many show times they can/will add.

The OW record is gone, though.

• Like 1

I'm curious to find out just how much spare capacity there is for this movie in some theaters. Around me in the UK, Thursday evening already has 11 of 16 screens dedicated. Shows are busy from 4pm through to 9pm, with only front rows available in most shows. By opening night, that could be all 16 here, but are American theaters able to hand over that much real estate or more? That is going to be the sticking point for a big increase over infinity war. 

I think my local theater will have to start adding even more showings for Thursday because I just don't see the current slate being enough. This theater usually gets a lot more walk ups for the mcu. 

So far...

3 showings for Imax 2D

5 showings for Real D 3D

18 showings for regular 2D

1 for Dolby

1 for the 5pm fan event

All of these times are either sold out or 99% full with just a few handicap seats left and some front row.

Edited by cookieleeann
  • Thanks 1