grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

13 hours ago, stfletch said:

Very much in line with what I estimated based on Fandango Pulse comparison between Endgane and Infinity War. If I had to pick a number I'd say $60M

27 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Porthos missed by 8,000,000¢, sad.

I know right! Who can't predict exactly on the nose! 😉

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Birdo Mandingo said:

Hey all, at work so cant give show by show breakdown for Friday, but at the same theater for Friday they have 29 showings (2 showings in 3d, as there was no 3D previews)

1st showing is at 11am, last at 11pm.

EVERYTHING IS SOLD OUT BUT 2 SEATS FRONT ROW FOR 12:30PM 3D SHOWING.

Nuts.

Walkups have no hope here. Lucky for them we also have 2 AMCs in town that don't do reserve seating, and have seats for most times, so they can buy those and show up early and still get a good seat. 

I just clicked on the noon showing at my local.  301 seats - just 12 non wheel chair seats left

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I just clicked on the noon showing at my local.  301 seats - just 12 non wheel chair seats left

Ya, I think the WOM from the millions who went to previews is kicking in.

I just checked Saturday, and I am 100% it will be a complete sellout for the entire day to. Right now 50% of the showings are complete sellouts, and I clicked into the other showings to check real quick and they are all just 2-4 seats per screen in front row available. Only exception is the Sat 12:30 PM 3D which has entire front row and 2 seats in 2nd open. I suspect by 8pm tonight there will be nothing left at all for Saturday.

3 minutes ago, Birdo Mandingo said:

Ya, I think the WOM from the millions who went to previews is kicking in.

I just checked Saturday, and I am 100% it will be a complete sellout for the entire day to. Right now 50% of the showings are complete sellouts, and I clicked into the other showings to check real quick and they are all just 2-4 seats per screen in front row available. Only exception is the Sat 12:30 PM 3D which has entire front row and 2 seats in 2nd open. I suspect by 8pm tonight there will be nothing left at all for Saturday.

I think its less WOM so far and more just last minute rush by people trying to secure whatever tickets they can after seeing how insane the business will be this weekend.

10 minutes ago, dakus said:

I think its less WOM so far and more just last minute rush by people trying to secure whatever tickets they can after seeing how insane the business will be this weekend.

Kinda. Personal anecdote. I told several coworkers how great it was and several of them had planned to go later (2nd weekend or beyond) but decided they better go ahead and get a ticket this weekend, 2 people jumped on the bandwagon who were just planning on waiting for streaming. I of course directed them to the non-reserved options so they can get better seats if they are willing to show up a little early.

I guess most of them were aware of the hype, but hearing it from a person they know pushed them over the edge I guess. 

Edited by Birdo Mandingo
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Porthos said:

So, three possible worlds:

World One (BP/IW comp):                               66.21m 

World Two (Solo/Venom/JW2/AM2 comps):   53.95m

World Three (mid-point of previous comps):  60.08m

Let's go with 60.08m, FINAL ANSWER.

3 hours ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

The system works.

iuCT4LT.gif

I should just retire now.  Off by 80k or not, I ain't topping this. :lol:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

@stfletch @TalismanRing @Porthos @VenomXXR @Birdo Mandingo @AhmiiZafii @CoolEric258 @Sue Denim @cax16 @FlashMaster659 @Deep Wang@Biggestgeekever @Ledmonkey96 @captainwondyful @JB33 @TheDarkKnightOfSteel @DeeCee & any that I might have forgotten (sorry I just went 20 page past and included names of any that popped up)

A big thanks to all you guys for tracking and providing numbers in this thread. I have never seen so much and so in depth tracking for any movie ever. This is one of the best threads on this forums (the best probably when it comes to BO analysis) and its all thanks to guys like you who provide such data. 

rdj_thanks.gif

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 10
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

So which Asgardian is he then?

Baldur, maybe? YiBe40t.png

How well does Baldur track to Balder of Marvel comics, anyway?

Balder would work coz in Marvel Comics he is said to be the fastest Asgardian. This would suit Charlie as he is the quickest with numbers. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Biggestgeekever said:

It's unbelievable how strong the matinee are looking here in Seattle, too. Walkups are gonna be driving sellouts from, like, 2PM to midnight.

Excellent good to hear. Moving to Tacoma, North End I think in a week. Hoping to land job in Seattle. Fly in on May 2nd, final interview on May 3rd.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Excellent good to hear. Moving to Tacoma, North End I think in a week. Hoping to land job in Seattle.

Hope you enjoy the smell of freshly made paper. 👍

Spoiler

It's been about a decade and a half since I was in the SeaTac area for any length of time, but I still distinctly remember the.. unique smell of certain areas of Tacoma.  No idea if it's still as noticeable now as it was then.