grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

10 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

I never tracked a Christmas eve, so no idea how those PS gonna work. Gonna check some historical data but not sure if that will help.

Evening shows will be very weak and theatres will close early. Morning may fare better in some places. 

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

SW9 D5/6

MTC1 D5 - overall 6174 shows 185262/1133660 2409908.38  +63543
MTC2 D5 - overall 4463 shows 164632/695663 1530813.00  +56638
MTC1 D6 - overall 5511 shows 183180/1062356 2526838.57 +33261
MTC2 D6 - overall 4676 shows 154760/751666 1571527.00 +26448

Good PS for tomorrow and great for christmas day. Shaping up to be bigger day than Monday for sure.

Seems like $21.5mn Tuesday. Let's see how it goes.

Christmas Day may be +10% Monday.

• Like 6

Is there a dedicated thread that predicts weekend 2 for Star Wars?  Where can I go to see a good guess - I am in an office pool and hoping for some guidance as I am a novice at best with second weekends?

Any help is appreciated.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all...

27 minutes ago, heynow said:

Is there a dedicated thread that predicts weekend 2 for Star Wars?  Where can I go to see a good guess - I am in an office pool and hoping for some guidance as I am a novice at best with second weekends?

Any help is appreciated.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all...

There is not.

My prediction is $96m.

10 minutes ago, heynow said:

Thanks - if there are any other predictions on domestic weekend 2 for Star Wars it is much appreciated.  If this is not the correct thread I apologize - please tell me where is better to post this question.

A lot of that discussion will be happening/ has happened in the daily numbers thread. Check out the Monday thread from the beginning for some predictions. 

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

How is Just Mercy doing in limited release presales wise?

Nobody is tracking it as far as I know. Very rarely will you find a limited release tracked here. Keyser may have seen some data but he hasn't said anything IF he has. 

1 hour ago, narniadis said:

Nobody is tracking it as far as I know. Very rarely will you find a limited release tracked here. Keyser may have seen some data but he hasn't said anything IF he has. 

Very limited. nothing on MTC2. On MTC1 I see just 16 shows(Lincoln Square and Century City) 1319/4143 21132.21. So national number will be very tiny even if it sells out all the shows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://deadline.com/2019/12/star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-christmas-box-office-little-women-spies-in-disguise-1202816735/

Christmas Eve update: Disney’s Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker took in $29.3M on Monday, -27% from Sunday for a 4-day + previews total of $206.7M. The film will remain undefeated with a second weekend in the $70M-$80M range, and the wide entries opening on Christmas Day won’t siphon off any grosses including Sony/Regency’s Little Women ($18M-$22M 5-day), Fox/Disney/Blue Sky’s Spies in Disguise ($19M-$23M) and the expansion of A24’s crime thriller Uncut Gems ($11M-$15M).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marek the Jedi said:

I am sure it will be more then 70-80mil

70 does sound way too low, it would need mid 20s on Friday and Saturday for that to happen. If it follows the usual trends of this sort of schedule, I could see the lowpoint at maybe 75m to 78m, but not lower than that, A more likely target would be 80-85m, provided it stays at around 30m for the next few days. 90m would require something closer to mid 30s, and I'm not sure if it can do that for multiple days in a row.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, George Parr said:

70 does sound way too low, it would need mid 20s on Friday and Saturday for that to happen. If it follows the usual trends of this sort of schedule, I could see the lowpoint at maybe 75m to 78m, but not lower than that, A more likely target would be 80-85m, provided it stays at around 30m for the next few days. 90m would require something closer to mid 30s, and I'm not sure if it can do that for multiple days in a row.

@George Parr, I fully agree! depends on these weekdays we will see.... I am hoping for 33-35mil wednesday ;) and I saw some predictions from 96 up to 115mil for weekend, yeah maybe too much, but all depends how it will behave on weekdays...
Marek