grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

1 hour ago, FlashMaster659 said:

32/3511 (0.9%)

2.9091x as many seats sold as Men In Black: International mid-day of previews

0.1928x as many seats sold as Dark Phoenix mid-day of previews

0.0654x as many seats sold as Godzilla: King of the Monsters mid-day of previews

0.3441x as many seats sold as Once Upon A Time in Hollywood mid-day of previews

Ticket sales are so small it cannot be extrapolated 🙂

Hobbs and Shaw — Thursday Previews — AMC Willowbrook 24 @ 5pm CST

15 show times, 470 tickets sold out of 1839 available (25.56%)

Didn’t have a lot of time to analyze things and look at trends for this one, but gun to my head I’ll take $5.1m for previews, +/- 5%

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Its a sad time when original arthouse films like Hobbs and Shaw dont do well against their franchise blockbuster competition anymore.

Those actors need all the exposure they can get! One hopes they get a big break through this limited screening.

• Like 2

Anything under 70m OW for HS just confirms that non-Disney blockbusters are dead. There's no reason for it not to be opening to at least that much. Uni has gone all out on marketing, it has a bankable star, reviews are good, and it has an open market right now for direct competition. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Anything under 70m OW for HS just confirms that non-Disney blockbusters are dead. There's no reason for it not to be opening to at least that much. Uni has gone all out on marketing, it has a bankable star, reviews are good, and it has an open market right now for direct competition. 

It's a spinoff of  a domestically declining series.  The last F&F opened at $98m dropping almost $50m from the one before.  A similar % drop would mean a $65m opening - and again it's a spinoff.

• Like 7

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-0 and Counting

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 0 58 1,603 9,805 16.35%

Total Showings Added Today: 2

Total Seats Added Today: 479

Total Seats Sold Today: 752

Comps

0.21x of The Lion King 0 days before release (4.8M)

T-0:

1,957 tickets sold that day (7,607 total tickets sold)

Adjusted Comps

1.09x of Once Upon A Time in Hollywood 0 days before release (6.3M)

4.09x of Crawl 0 days before release (4.1M)

6.54x of Stuber 0 days before release (4.9M)

T-0:

Once Upon: 406 tickets sold that day (1,468 total tickets sold)

Hobbs & Shaw: 752 tickets sold that day (1,603 total tickets)

Crawl: 257 tickets sold that day (373 total tickets sold)

Hobbs & Shaw: 699 tickets sold that day (1,526 total tickets)

Stuber: 123 tickets sold that day (220 total tickets sold)

Hobbs & Shaw: 648 tickets sold that day (1,439 total tickets)

Today was definitely a strong day, with a lot of tickets sold, and a pretty big jump for both Lion King and Once Upon comps, both of which I feel are better than the Crawl and Stuber ones, simply because there are more tickets to go around. If I had a bullet to my head, I guess I would say previews around 5.5M give or take? But of course, my tracking is still young and faulty, and I would still be hesitant in saying that preview # would lead to anything good, even if it is a spin-off.

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Spoiler Alert:

LSC13 7PMs 317 659 48%
SMCM 7PMs 60 522 11%

By the Comps, the others had sold:

Lincoln Square

JW3 7PMs 400 79.25%
RM 7PMs 352 90.05%
MIB3 7PMs * 387 81.91%
OUAT 7PMs ** 556 57.01%

* This movie had IMAX 

** This film only had STD showings, all others had a Dolby and STD at 7PM.  I'm considering the 6:50 and 7PM as the "two 7PMs"

Cinemagic

JW3 7PMs 81 74.04%
RM 7PMs 55 109.09%
MIB3 7PMs 60 100%
OUATIH 7PMs 156 38.46%
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Spoiler Alert:

LSC13 7PMs 317 659 48%
SMCM 7PMs 60 522 11%

By the Comps, the others had sold:

Lincoln Square

JW3 7PMs 400 79.25%
RM 7PMs 352 90.05%
MIB3 7PMs * 387 81.91%
OUAT 7PMs ** 556 57.01%

* This movie had IMAX 

** This film only had STD showings, all others had a Dolby and STD at 7PM.  I'm considering the 6:50 and 7PM as the "two 7PMs"

Cinemagic

JW3 7PMs 81 74.04%
RM 7PMs 55 109.09%
MIB3 7PMs 60 100%
OUATIH 7PMs 156 38.46%

:gold: 

When 74-79.25% of JW3 is the best comp  $4.366m - $4.5965m

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, RealLyre said:

Is Fandango pulse never coming back 🤔🤔

Fandango updated its app a couple of days ago...

And Pulse did not come back, so...

===

The update a couple of days ago was the first update since Pulse was yanked.  That it didn't return isn't a good sign for its prospects, I'm afraid.

Edited by Porthos
  • Sad 5

36 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

:gold: 

When 74-79.25% of JW3 is the best comp  $4.366m - $4.5965m

And that's with JW3 having limited seats available. Presumably, people took a look at the prospect of watching JW3 from a bad seat and opted to wait for a less busy day. With all of the showings that this film is getting, there's no disincentive to wait. You can walk up opening night and get a good seat. It may hurt the weekend multiplier. 

It's really going to need strong word of mouth to have any life at all. 

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

GA has already forked over the cash for Captain Marvel, Endgame, Aladdin, Endgame, Toy Story 4, Far From Home and The Lion King this year, and thy’re saving money for F2, Juman3, and Star Wars. Can’t afford to watch any of this B tier stuff :Venom:

Just got done prepping for starting the final report from Sacto.  Going to remove Pika Pika from the comps (never liked it) but gonna add Deadpool 2 in the adjusted section.

Rationale for DP2 is that it had no 3D and not that much PLF penetration so it might be a not bad comp after all.  Also it's a 7pm comp and I'd like to rope in more of those if I can. 

Keeping KotM will be a game time decision. I don't like the 4pm start and the reliance it had on PLF.  And if I'm throwing in a JW:FK comp, it's kinda sorta superfluous.  Do like it for the underachieving aspect.  Might depend on how out of whack the comp is with everything else.  If it's a huge outlier, gonna nuke it and not think twice about it.

Just have to see how it goes.

• Like 2