google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Pessimistically maybe it began today with 3M normal tickets, 2M private showing, and had a low PSm to end with 5M normal, 2M private, for 7M. Then something like 5.5M Sat and 3.5M Sun for 16M.

:hahaha:

 

Oh 55 minute ago wandalegion, so stupid. I guess it makes sense retrospectively, but 1.2 PSm is low AF.   
 

So call today maybe 3.5+2, could see 3.5 tomorrow and 2.5M Sun for a weekend ballpark 12. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, WandaLegion said:

:hahaha:

 

Oh 55 minute ago wandalegion, so stupid. I guess it makes sense retrospectively, but 1.2 PSm is low AF.   
 

So call today maybe 3.5+2, could see 3.5 tomorrow and 2.5M Sun for a weekend ballpark 12. 

I have noticed 50-55 minutes ago wandalegion is either very stupid or very smart. no middle ground.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I have noticed 50-55 minutes ago wandalegion is either very stupid or very smart. no middle ground.

Only people with boring opinions have middle ground 50 minutes ago selves ;) 

  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, WandaLegion said:

Only people with boring opinions have middle ground 50 minutes ago selves ;) 

 

cover6.jpg

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the time 55 minutes ago @Porthos is right about "stuff" but just second guess himself. So he is being both of them at same time 😛

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Man, these numbers sound disastrously low. I wonder how it would've done if not for it being on HBO Max.

I mean, of course those numbers are disastrously low. Don't think anyone expected much higher with the current situation.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Way more theaters are open right now than I expected, given the hospitalization, positive %, death, etc numbers. This looks like it will clear 10M anyway, honestly a positive indicator of audience interest in the big screen experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may have missed it, but do we have any general idea of theater capacity domestically right now? Like 20-25% of this time last year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I may have missed it, but do we have any general idea of theater capacity domestically right now? Like 20-25% of this time last year? 

39% total theaters, most held to incredibly limited capacity and showings...I'd say about 10% of equivalent capacity vs last year (MAX) - it's likely lower with the biggest metros closed...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

39% total theaters, most held to incredibly limited capacity and showings...I'd say about 10% of equivalent capacity vs last year (MAX) - it's likely lower with the biggest metros closed...

 

Given that information / speculation, what do you think WW84 would have done in a non-Covid world? Over $150m OW? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VenomXXR said:

I may have missed it, but do we have any general idea of theater capacity domestically right now? Like 20-25% of this time last year? 

From Deadline today:

Quote

Note that WW1984 had close to 40% of all theaters open, which repped 56% of the box office. This compared to Croods 2, which achieved its opening from 44% of all domestic theaters open, which repped 60% of the box office, versus Tenet, which had access to a marketplace where 55% of all theaters were open and repped 70% of the box office.

My expectations for a non covid world are unchanged from my 125-160ish from a year ago, though I think the upper range is less likely with the reviews.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

From Deadline today:

My expectations for a non covid world are unchanged from my 125-160ish from a year ago, though I think the upper range is less likely with the reviews.

Reviews aren’t great but wouldn’t be enough to blunt its box office on opening weekend. It wasn’t rotten on RT on 12/25. It’s still not rotten (at least not yet) now. And most of the world don’t give a hoot about mixed RT scores and Twitter chatter. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Reviews aren’t great but wouldn’t be enough to blunt its box office on opening weekend. It wasn’t rotten on RT on 12/25. It’s still not rotten (at least not yet) now. And most of the world don’t give a hoot about mixed RT scores and Twitter chatter. 

I don’t think they would blunt the OW per se, it’s more that the upper end of that range was for if it got actively boosted by really sensational buzz, like a 94% or something where everyone was raving for a week about how it was the new best DCEU movie and beat DC since TDK.

Edited by WandaLegion
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2020 at 12:02 AM, charlie Jatinder said:

@keysersoze123 how we are looking there mate? big drop or it managed to get walk-ins on Saturday.

I stopped looking after day 2. Day 2 was 77240/79400 at MTC1/2 which is around 30% down from day 1. I dont think it will have extended run anyway. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where do you guys see the top 10 rentals on iTunes and Amazon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody know when Raya tickets go on sale? Might be the first movie since Tenet/WW84 worth tracking a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.