grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Just now, Krissykins said:

$7.16m Monday -59%. Points to a bigger number than $24m

Says in the article they’re factoring in the new releases this weekend.  We’ll see what happens on the weekend.

19 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Can someone give me a short summary of what are we looking at for the OWs of Space Jam and Escape Room?

I don't believe this has been updated yet, but from BOP a couple of weeks ago:

7/16/2021 Escape Room: Tournament of Champions $11,000,000 – $16,000,000 -14% $24,000,000 – $39,000,000 -14% 3,000 Sony Pictures / Columbia
7/16/2021 The Night House         n/a Disney / Searchlight Pictures
7/16/2021 Roadrunner: A Film About Anthony Bourdain         n/a Focus Features
7/16/2021 Space Jam: A New Legacy $15,000,000 – $30,000,000   $45,000,000 – $100,000,000   3,400 Warner Bros. Pictures
7/23/2021

Industry tracking should be coming today/tomorrow.  Have a few people tracking it here, but I don't have a good enough sense on what the thread consensus is currently at.  Space Jam does seem to be performing well relative to expectations from what I can tell, but I personally couldn't give you any sort of range.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Deadline saying BW second weekend 24-28m

So, they've been reading mine and a few others posts and are now so uncertain about Space Jam 2, they can't even give ANY expectation yet?  For those wondering, BW is $24M+ and Escape Room is $7-8M...

EDIT TO ADD: Deadline was willing to say Space Jam under BW, so under $24M would have to be their early estimate...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

12 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Says in the article they’re factoring in the new releases this weekend.  We’ll see what happens on the weekend.

Still thats a very harsh we will see its only a forecast ,however both antman 2 and spiderman homecoming had 62% drops and thats with normal conditions

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, they've been reading mine and a few others posts and are now so uncertain about Space Jam 2, they can't even give ANY expectation yet?  For those wondering, BW is $24M+ and Escape Room is $7-8M...

Black widow is at 24-28  personally i hope for 30-35

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LegendaryBen said:

Thanks as usual. What are your weekend predictions based on these sales so far?

48 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Can someone give me a short summary of what are we looking at for the OWs of Space Jam and Escape Room?

I'm thinking low-to-mid 20s for Space Jam unless sales massively pick up over the next day. So far it feels like Boss Baby sales with additional adult interest at night.

Escape Room might hit close to 20 if walkups don't disappoint. Maybe even higher than 20 even though it's tracking a little lower

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm thinking low-to-mid 20s for Space Jam unless sales massively pick up over the next day. So far it feels like Boss Baby sales with additional adult interest at night.

Escape Room might hit close to 20 if walkups don't disappoint. Maybe even higher than 20 even though it's tracking a little lower

any guess for black widow ?

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

High-20s/Low-30s from that Monday probably?

idk antman 2 had a 61,6% drop  in its sec weekend with  a mon drop of 62,3 % while black widow dropped 59,1% or so from sun so idk on the other hand spiderman homecoming had a 58.6% drop from sun and a 62,2% drop in its sec weekend, in other word i have no idea , with premier access maybe a 65% at worst ? idk 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Excuse me what the fuck

Sony is greenlighting two more movies if that happens.

• Haha 1

Space Jam  Toronto Ontario Canada

Wed July 14

Scotia

Theatre

Seats sold

Total seats 2000    

Number of shows

Sellouts 2

Test test this only a test (these are meaningless numbers don't get excited yet I didn't sneakily find a way to get numbers a day early lol). Want to see how the excel carries over to the site, nice it totally works well. Note this is copy and pasting the numbers instead of importing whole spreadsheets. 

Instead of individual show times to start ease my way in of total seats sold vs total amount of seats (taking that 50 percent occupancy into account), and number of shows. Its been a long while since Ive done this and never on a computer (yep I did all those before on a phone). I might just do it this way above, for each theatre to start, though I might only focus on a 3 or 4 "main" theatres in Toronto until I get used to this again.

Any thoughts, suggestions, advice, or want to give me money just ask! ;)

Edited by Tinalera
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Founder / Operator
4 hours ago, Porthos said:

I don't believe this has been updated yet, but from BOP a couple of weeks ago:

7/16/2021 Escape Room: Tournament of Champions $11,000,000 – $16,000,000 -14% $24,000,000 – $39,000,000 -14% 3,000 Sony Pictures / Columbia
7/16/2021 The Night House         n/a Disney / Searchlight Pictures
7/16/2021 Roadrunner: A Film About Anthony Bourdain         n/a Focus Features
7/16/2021 Space Jam: A New Legacy $15,000,000 – $30,000,000   $45,000,000 – $100,000,000   3,400 Warner Bros. Pictures
7/23/2021

Industry tracking should be coming today/tomorrow.  Have a few people tracking it here, but I don't have a good enough sense on what the thread consensus is currently at.  Space Jam does seem to be performing well relative to expectations from what I can tell, but I personally couldn't give you any sort of range.

They have been updated internally and for clients but not in the free online report. Not a big shift but ER2 was down slightly while SJ2 was flat last week.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Ontario is opening this week. BW should have 2.5M advantage there. Should do 30M 2nd weekend.

I don’t know if matters but we’re only at 50% capacity.