Toronto Ontario 

Taken Wed nov 3 for Thurs Nov 4

41 shows

11 Theatres

Total Sold 2992

Total Remaining available 9817

Total seats (sold plus remaining) 12809

Percentage 23.36

Now I get to do Friday...ha....hahaha.... (then I think of those on here who do massive friday counts and I admit maybe I don't have reason to complain :thinking:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

32 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Encanto doesn't go on sale until Nov. 16th.  

I guess the assumption that Disney is mostly banking on D+ around Christmas being where it truly finds success is indeed correct (box office for it by that point will be pretty much minimal between D+, screen space being limited with so many movies opening around the same time forcing theaters to drop older stuff, and Sing 2 arriving as the main attraction for families at the multiplex this Christmas).

22 minutes ago, Tinalera said:

Eternals

Toronto Ontario 

41 shows

11 Theatres

Total Sold 2992

Percentage 23.36

Now I get to do Friday...ha....hahaha.... (then I think of those on here who do massive friday counts and I admit maybe I don't have reason to complain :thinking:)

Do you have comps with Shang Chi?

52 minutes ago, Tinalera said:

Eternals

Toronto Ontario 

41 shows

11 Theatres

Total Sold 2992

Percentage 23.36

Shang Chi in 8 theaters. 2500 sold 2 days earlier. So slightly behind Shang Chi there.

Friday at same time, both film same but again Shang Chi 8 theaters vs Eternals 11.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 2:35 PM, DAJK said:

ShangChi did ~2.4M in Canada for its Thurs+Fri (give or take a decimal point or two). Don’t have Thursday #s specifically, they are rolled into Friday. That should be the number for Venom to beat.

SO this is what Shang Chi did Thurs and Fri (thank you DAJK). Ill see if I can find mine for around that time

• Like 1

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Shang Chi in 8 theaters. 2500 sold 2 days earlier. So slightly behind Shang Chi there.

Friday at same time, both film same but again Shang Chi 8 theaters vs Eternals 11.

:bop:

Thank you for that Charlie! :D 

Maybe Ill just start keeping those little comps off to the side on my excel just for reference :)

• Like 2

Only two extra showtimes locally for G:A (thanks for the heads up, @Eric loves Ajak 👍), and a grand total of four extra ticket sales.  So apparently not too many folks knew about it here, either.

(did track sales last night semi-informally, so I'll add them to that)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 9:57 AM, RealLyre said:

still thinking Eternals can beat Venom's OW despite the 6/10 reviews.

At this point that will be a shocker if it happens. I dont see Eternals going that high. Friday needs way stronger walkups than BW/SC for that to happen and there are no signs this will be stronger. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

At this point that will be a shocker if it happens. I dont see Eternals going that high. Friday needs way stronger walkups than BW/SC for that to happen and there are no signs this will be stronger. 

I thought you knew he trolled

I missed yesterday with eternals to compare to SC but SC had sold 335 seats on the Tuesday before previews, Eternals is at 228 right now. SC finished at around 500 seats right before the first preview show. My theatre may have skewed more for SC cause of the city I live in but I can’t say for sure. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, grey ghost said:

So far, what's the range for Ghostbusters Afterlife's OW?

Sorry I don't really understand how to read the data.

I can't speak for others, but Toronto Ontario tickets just went on sale (gotta love Cineplex), so its way too early up here to even try and guess. US obviously has more data.