Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

Great news!!!! Love to see this over performing in Dommm. Really deserved it. Hopefully it keeps maintaining its leg going forward cause it was a really really good movie.

Who's agree that Wonder Woman should be a kick off for DCEU? Imagine a lot of goodwill that will be received for future DCEU. Not the earlier movies that somehow left people disappointed and dissatisfied

Edited by Claudio
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

For once, looks like my Saturday prediction was right. On Friday I said I thought it could do 35-36m and a bunch of people told me I was wrong. 

Broken clocks yada yada.

• Like 2

If that Sat sticks and it even has Alien Covenants Sunday drop, it'll be $100.8M.

Which (if you include Suicide Squad) will be only the 5th superhero origin movie ever to open to over $100M at the box office. 

4th solo superhero origin when you remove Suicide Squad. 

This is incredible news. I said I'd be happy with $80m and ecstatic with $100m. What a moment! 

• Like 2

Yup, 100M seems a pretty done deal w/that great Saturday hold from OD. WW seems to be playing similar to GOTG V2 (a lot of family appeal).

Captain Underpants, I would say "not too great" (compared to DreamWorks' streak of Home/KF3/Trolls/Boss Baby, it really isn't), but since the budget is astonishingly small, the movie is guaranteed to be a success at this point anyway. So it's not too big of a problem.

Among the holdovers, Guardians V2 is, surprisingly enough, the highlight w/a 53.5% drop (only its 2nd biggest drop so far), which is way better than I expected due to Wonder Woman's presence. Baywatch also holding on for dear life, and not too bad at that (though obviously no 21 Jump Street or anywhere remotely close). 

Pirates 5 really is mimicking X-Men: Apocalypse through and through. I thought it would hold better cause it's a family film and wom is okay, but apparently, nope. Baywatch... 57% for an R-rated comedy is never good. Alien: Covenant is just a disaster. Total fucking disaster. Haven't seen the movie yet, but no more Prometheus universe, Ridley. 

• Like 1

I'm actually couldn't agree that what deadline has reported about that WW surpass iron man's gross, the 1st iron man in 2008, had $3.5m in thrusday preview, which wasn't rolled into weekend opening gross, while WW thrusday's preview was totally sum into weekend(industry trend right now),  hence, making the figure that WW need to have become at least $102.2m in order to pass iron man 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I'm actually couldn't agree that what deadline has reported about that WW surpass iron man's gross, the 1st iron man in 2008, had $3.5m in thrusday preview, which wasn't rolled into weekend opening gross, while WW thrusday's preview was totally sum into weekend(industry trend right now),  hence, making the figure that WW need to have become at least $102.2m in order to pass iron man 

Nah. We just go by what the studios report as the weekend number.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

If that Sat sticks and it even has Alien Covenants Sunday drop, it'll be $100.8M.

Which (if you include Suicide Squad) will be only the 5th superhero origin movie ever to open to over $100M at the box office. 

4th solo superhero origin when you remove Suicide Squad. 

This is incredible news. I said I'd be happy with $80m and ecstatic with $100m. What a moment! 

And it couldn't have happened to a better movie!

(Damn...feels soooo good to say that about a DCEU movie.)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

Great Saturday and the weekend should be slightly above 100m. However, I still don't see it having more than a 2.75x multiplier. Competition is not weak.

2WHg228j.jpg

2 hours ago, God Emperor Tele said:

For once, looks like my Saturday prediction was right. On Friday I said I thought it could do 35-36m and a bunch of people told me I was wrong. 

Wisdom comes with age.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

And it couldn't have happened to a better movie!

(Damn...feels soooo good to say that about a DCEU movie.)

Glad you loved it.

• Like 1