kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

To get back to the subject of this movie in particular, it’s now down to 71%. It’s kind of sad that out of the past three DC movies, the one that managed to hold on to its “certified fresh” status is BoP. Sorry to keep bringing up that movie, but it’s beginning to drive me crazy. 

19 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

To get back to the subject of this movie in particular, it’s now down to 71%. It’s kind of sad that out of the past three DC movies, the one that managed to hold on to its “certified fresh” status is BoP. Sorry to keep bringing up that movie, but it’s beginning to drive me crazy. 

why is that sad?

critics enjoyed Birds of Prey.

what's the issue with that?

(so did I btw)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Avatree said:

why is that sad?

critics enjoyed Birds of Prey.

what's the issue with that?

(so did I btw)

I just don’t like the movie. I think it’s a lazy copy of the Deadpool films, and many of the decisions made in it simply baffle me. I don’t understand why it needed to follow a non-linear structure, or why they called the kid Cassandra Cain. Also, I’m not the biggest comic book purist, but what exactly was the point in calling the kid Cassandra Cain? 

Mind you, I have an inherent dislike for Harley Quinn in general, so maybe I’m not the most objective person on this, but I was really bored when I saw the movie in theaters. 

Anyway, back to WW84, I’ll admit that I have no idea if I’d like the movie, but it’s still sad to see it take such a beating with critics, especially since I like the first one. 

• Like 1

Still very much looking forward to watching this, but always felt like this looked like it had potential to suffer from the "overstuffed" issue that sequels are usually prone to. The comparatively soft critical reception to this is slightly disappointing, but not overly surprising.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

That’s based on a Frank Miller comic book, but besides that, Zack Snyder’s critics have a tendency to try and paint him as a far right bigot, which is pretty absurd. Not liking his movies is all well and good. I’m not much of a fan of his movies either, but Breadtubers keep trying to paint him as a “fascist”, while constantly taking things from his movies out of context, or distorting things to fit their argument.

My favorite is when Maggie Mae Fish cited Steve Mnuchin being the executive producer of BvS as “proof” of how politically rightwing the movie is, even though Mnuchin was the executive producer for every WB movie around that time, including The Lego Movie. 

300 is unabashedly far right.

And the adaptation even goes further than the book in some ways.

Wtf. Joker has a 68% ?!?!? I thought it had like 85+...

Fuck off critics and your blind love for marvel / woke nonsense. I mean you are telling me with a straight face that Ant Man 2 is better than Joker??? Seriously? Birds of Prey is the worst shit ever with hardly any redeeming qualities. Mulan is another overrated trash that somehow is certified fresh. Both rotten tomatoes and critics need to just go to hell. So furious with these entitled fuck faces.

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

Fuck off critics and your blind love for marvel / woke nonsense. I mean you are telling me with a straight face that Ant Man 2 is better than Joker??? Seriously? Birds of Prey is the worst shit ever with hardly any redeeming qualities. Mulan is another overrated trash that somehow is certified fresh. Both rotten tomatoes and critics need to just go to hell. So furious with these entitled fuck faces.

Many critics disliked Joker because controversy at the time, it had nothing to do with anything you said.

People should look at things before jumping into conclusion.

All things considered, Joker has a pretty high average rating on Rotten Tomatoes. With that said, the movie as a whole isn’t really a masterpiece, but people really exaggerated how “dangerous” and “problematic” it is. 

Anyway, I think I’ve officially given up on hoping this movie stays in certified fresh territory. It seems it just wasn’t meant to be. Oh well. I’m assuming critics will respond better to The Suicide Squad, but R-rated James Gunn has a hit and miss track record with critics, so who knows?

Hey, I was close with my original prediction for this cause I guessed  70, looks like it will end up around 65 though. 

This movie would of had a fascinating box office run I think if times were normal, I’m not sure if it would of matched the original from some reactions I’ve read online from fans(not critics) and seeing how reactions were from some of the Asian markets.

RT score doesn’t mean much for DC movies, just look at Aquaman and Joker which were under 70 and Shazam that was 90. 

Looking forward to seeing this tomorrow, we just watched Fatman(lol weird). 

• Like 2

Or maybe not everyone agrees with you and that's life.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Moderation:

My mother always said: “It’s not what she say, it’s how you say it.”

This is a prime example of what she’s talking about. There’s no need for the histrionics. 

Depending on where you are in the world, tomorrow is either Christmas or it’s Friday. Either way please do not do this tomorrow. We don’t have time to babysit the thread. Thank you.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

71% on BMS in India. That's bad.

Deja vu. Very curious about how RT aud will go, as well as letterboxd and IMDb when the sample size improves. Starting to feel more and more like @ViewerAnon was not as off as people hoped.    

But, still hasn’t debuted to public in its most important by far market, so we’ll see what we see when we see it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

You can make whatever arguments you want about that movie, but Zack Snyder is not even a conservative. That was my point. 

I haven't been checking Zack Snyder's social media activity close lately but I've seen him supporting Bernie Sanders, and later subtly supporting Joe Biden. He's not very vocal about his political views, but he's definitely not a conservative. He faced a lot of criticism for 300, but denied intentional political messages in it. And his more recent films had progressive messages, female characters in important roles and diverse casts.

Another source for accusations of him being far-right came from the announcement that he would direct a novel written by a philosopher that heavily influenced conservative and libertarian politics in America, but we haven't heard more from it, it's probably not being made anyway, so we don't know what it would gonna be like.