CJohn

Obi-Wan Kenobi | Disney+

I look forward to the scene where Obi-Wan spends 10 minutes helping Owen Lars fix a moisture vaparator while discussing the drop in export prices of water to Mos Eisley from local farmers as a result of increased supply from the new big corporate producer from the region as part of its plan to squeeze out the little guys and create a water monopoly.

Wait a minute, we can get Joel Edgerton back as Uncle Owen! 

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I look forward to the scene where Obi-Wan spends 10 minutes helping Owen Lars fix a moisture vaparator while discussing the drop in export prices of water to Mos Eisley from local farmers as a result of increased supply from the new big corporate producer from the region as part of its plan to squeeze out the little guys and create a water monopoly.

RuMTNNL.gif

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Given McGregor's enthusiasm I'd imagine they already talked to him about this and got him onboard, just haven't signed him up on paper given that the script is in very early stages. Setting this before the events of TPM would, well, remind everyone more of TPM, which, who wants that; and require casting a 20-something dude, which could well become a pain in the ass and additionally be kind of a dick move towards McGregor who is already excited and proven and is one of the few things about the prequels that most people like. 

The only Reason fans want an Obi-Wan movie is becuase of Ewan McGregor. If LF cast an new actor in the role and made it take place before TPM it would be the pinnacle of retardation for them.  

I have never seen any of Stephen Daldry movies so I can't comment much on that.

I will get excited once Ewan is locked and loaded in the role. Edgerton would be nice too. 

• Like 4

On 8/18/2017 at 2:45 AM, Morieris said:

I can't see anyone but McGregor involved, but then the actual time location would be kind of limited. Not familiar with the Rebels era, but I think he's a bit past the Clone Wars era-age (& even then you'd either have to get an Anakin or have everyone asking where he is if you don't).

Going before Clone Wars would mean going before TPM which would involve casting a younger Obi Wan and possible focus on his and Qui-gon Jinn's missions. Very boring but at least we might get Liam Neeson back so yay? OR they could show what Obi Wan and Qui-Gon did after they picked Anakin but before the events of AotC. This way there probably wont be a need to cast Anakin.

We already have a good and CANON clone wars cartoon which has Obi Wan and Anakin so i dont think they will go there. 

Post Clone war there is not much time between the war and then the events of RotS. And it will clash with the canon of the clone wars cartoons as the cartoons are set between AotC and RotS unless they wanna do some clone wars cartoon storyline as live action stuff. And as you said anything from this timeline would require Anakin to be cast as well and that would be a terrible idea.

Another era which could possibly be explored is after the events of RotS where he is on the run like all the remaining jedi and Vader is hunting him. Coz after he came to Tatooine he pretty much became a hermit and didnt do anything. They can shove in more of Vader into the film this way

Edited by ZeeSoh

5 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

As long as Ewan McGregor is in this, the fanbase will be on board. 

Ewan is a good actor but playing Obi-wan is one of the roles that will define his life and career and why not try to cement your place even further. 

I wonder if this movie will be fast-tracked now to appease the hardcore Star Wars fans that are displeased with TLJ considering that pretty much everyone who likes Star Wars loves Obi-Wan.

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

I wonder if this movie will be fast-tracked now to appease the hardcore Star Wars fans that are displeased with TLJ considering that pretty much everyone who likes Star Wars loves Obi-Wan.

Extremely little chance, IMO.  I heavily doubt they'll want another SW film in 2019 since Ep 9 comes out in December of that year.

• Like 1

This allegedly isn't supposed to start shooting until Jan 2019.  So we might not even hear official word about it until Solo is in the theaters for a couple of months.  So, say, July or August? Comic-con, maybe (since there's no SW Celebration this year)?

They also might be taking their sweet time on this one so they don't have the director troubles they've had with other projects. Nail down exactly what they want and make sure everyone is on the same page before going too deep.

This runs both ways, of course, since I suspect directors might be a little worried about getting deep-sixed after committing given everything else that has happened.  Or perhaps not. Maybe @Jay Hollywood could shed a little light over whether or not directors might be getting gunshy committing to a SW project now.  At the very least, they might want really good contract lawyers with them during negotiations. :lol:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

This runs both ways, of course, since I suspect directors might be a little worried about getting deep-sixed after committing given everything else that has happened.  Or perhaps not. Maybe @Jay Hollywood could shed a little light over whether or not directors might be getting gunshy committing to a SW project now.  At the very least, they might want really good contract lawyers with them during negotiations. :lol:

Its Star Wars, Id give a new animal a hand job every day, tuck Kathleen Kennedy in every night, wake her every morning, give her coffee,  Shit id let her direct it while I just sit in a chair and watch. Id let her handcuff me and put me in a box for a year straight for a directing credit. 

I imagine theres tons and tons of directors who would let her do the same thing. Shit even if you don't really direct it, your name on star wars will get you the strongest chance at your other dream projects getting made. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Its Star Wars, Id give a new animal a hand job every day, tuck Kathleen Kennedy in every night, wake her every morning, give her coffee,  Shit id let her direct it while I just sit in a chair and watch. Id let her handcuff me and put me in a box for a year straight for a directing credit. 

I imagine theres tons and tons of directors who would let her do the same thing. Shit even if you don't really direct it, your name on star wars will get you the strongest chance at your other dream projects getting made. 

Well I was more going on the track record of directors being fired, but point taken. :lol:

• Like 1