aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

There was a lot more action to BR2049 than I was expecting, and I thought it was all really well done. Most of it's hinted at in the trailers, but it's definitely not an actionless movie.

Spoiler

That last fight scene was fucking intense, I really didn't know was going to happen there.

Edited by MOVIEGUY

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Just watch, neither will win and The Star will. Rejoice, @YourMother.

The thing is I don't care about The Star. I mean like at all, odds are I'm not seeing it. However I did see big things from it until the two shitty trailers dropped. But I might stan for it out of irony. 

Edited by YourMother

44 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

don't you just love it when people think they know what's best for a film

it's different but the posts in the review thread being all "here's exactly the scenes that should've been shortened or cut" are driving me loopy. buncha armchair editors.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Hot take: Dystopian sci fi is far less appealing when the real world is actualing sliding towards dystopia.

That's pretty sad to see disappointed BR fans attacking comicbook movies and Jurassic World despite the complete lack of relevance...BR2049 didn't flop because of these movies, bitter feelings mustn't lead to such nonsense...I was so disappointed in Valerian's terrible numbers but I didn't blame anyone or other movies for it.

3 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

That's pretty sad to see disappointed BR fans attacking comicbook movies and Jurassic World despite the complete lack of relevance...BR2049 didn't flop because of these movies, bitter feelings mustn't lead to such nonsense...I was so disappointed in Valerian's terrible numbers but I didn't blame anyone or other movies for it.

You're not that type of guy :hahaha:

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Just watch, neither will win and The Star will. Rejoice, @YourMother.

Only people stanning for The Star are @TwoMisfits and @slambros

9 minutes ago, YourMother said:

The thing is I don't care about The Star. I mean like at all, odds are I'm not seeing it. However I did see big things from it until the two shitty trailers dropped. But I might stan for it out of irony. 

I want meltdowns! Damn it, meltdowns! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MOVIEGUY said:

There was a lot more action to BR2049 than I was expecting, and I thought it was all really well done. Most of it's hinted at in the trailers, but it's definitely not an actionless movie.

Reveal hidden contents

yes!  It really wasn't actionless....  I'm still perplexed by that assertion from some who watched it.