Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I was talking to @Jay Hollywood and @Water Bottle about how perfect the Doo 2002 cast is, and I got to thinking about who BOF would cast if we were in charge of a reboot. Imo if it was up to yall fools:

Daphne - Jennifer Lawrence

Velma - Winona Ryder

Fred - Tom Hardy

Shaggy - Taylor Kitsch

Voice of Scooby - Stanley Tucci

Voice of Scrappy - Kevin Hart

Villain - Andy Serkis

@WrathOfHan would cast Hailee Steinfeld as Velma

@CoolioD1 would cast someone like Timothee Chalomet as Daphne

@CoolioD1 would then come back and say "nevermind I'ma go with Ed Helms as Daphne"

@filmlover would cast Timothee Chalomet as Fred

@Ethan Hunt would cast Dove Cameron as Daphne because

@That One Guy would cast Dane Dehaan as Fred

@Lordmandeep will say Louis CK as Shaggy, and then not understand the woke outrage

@Claire of Themyscira would cast, obviously, Claire Holt, but as Fred, to be progressive

@CoolioD1 would go "actually I'm not satisfied with Ed. Vin Diesel as Daphne would be more impactful"

@CJohn would cast Priyanka Chopra in whatever role she can make him the wettest

@La Binoche won't care who, as long as it's not Beyonce's black ass

Everybody else would cast Brie Larson and a mustache Henry Caville

The forum would hire Rian Johnson as the director, but @aabattery , @Cmasterclay, and @IronJimbo will be stubborn and veto for Taika Waititty, Ryan Coogler, and James Cameron, holding up the process and delaying the movie to 2022. Greta Gerwig writes the screenplay.

The official title: Scooby Doo: Here We Go Again - William Hurt Returns as General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross: The Last Jedi

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

7 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

So I guess I'm going to be watching Brooklyn Nine Nine over the semester holidays to see what all the fuss is about with the show. Plus I need a good comedy to cheer me up from my general mood anyways. Community really helped me over the Aussie Summer. 

It’s just a copy of Parks and Recreation, same archetypes. But the cast is nowhere near as talented. If you saw and liked Parks you will probably hate this shameful rip-off once you notice it. If you didn’t, just watch Parks instead.

CBS trailer time 

A show from a Wayans nephew... son... brother... here's a show about what happens when Justin Beieber moves in with his accountant featuring the most obnoxious laugh track ever

Remember those old shows about white people and what happened when a black family moved next door? Now you have it in reverse. They’ll probably be friends in episode 2 so whatever. (Fun fact: the trailer is old. Schmidt from New Girl is now playing the white guy).

Murphy Brown is back. Everyone is old. 

Dick Wolf cop show. Dick Wolf cop show. Dick Wold cop show

Magnum PI. His moustache is pitiful and the reboot fails because of it. Higgins is his love interest. And it’s from the director of Fast and Furious.

God Friended Me. An evil millennial atheist podcast host (that uses those exact words for his host-name)that tells people that God isn’t real gets, I shit you not, a friend request from God. Now he goes around helping people like a Christian Batman. It looks really stupid and heartwarming and I’m probably gonna watch it

• Haha 1

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers is only a little less fun than it is retrograde, in its first hour at least. Disarmingly goofy with game performances and some ridiculously well-choreographed set-pieces, the pre-barn raising dance is one of the best things I've seen in the genre. Unfortunately it does get kinda tonally incoherent in the final third when it more or less starts arguing with itself about its #problematic elements and ends up having multiple cakes and eating them too. But overall still much more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

50 minutes ago, AJG said:

Dick Wolf cop show. Dick Wolf cop show. Dick Wold cop show

I have to tell my sister about this one.  She watched every episode of Rookie Blue and is currently re-watching it.