CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

Just now, DARth DAR said:

It's like going to follow the same trilogy pattern.  First is the biggest, second is the "lowest" grossing.  Third is somewhere in the middle

If TLJ ends up the “lowest” grossing and still hits $750M or something, good god almighty lol. That would be just stupidly ridiculous. It would be funnier / more awesome if TLJ made $761M, Episode IX anywhere above that, and the trilogy would just be 1-3 highest grossing movies. Each of them only truly competed intra-trilogy ;) 

• Like 6

Okay so I now must eat a huge steaming pile of crow because I saw it a second time this morning and fuck me but I liked it a lot more this time. I still don't agree with some of the choices that they made but everything just made more sense this time. So everybody I apologize for shiting on Star Wars LOL

• Like 35
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 3

SW8's Sunday/day #3 of 51.27 would make the 3rd biggest OD this year behind BATB's 63.77 Friday and GOTG2's 56+ Friday, ahead of IT and SMH's 50-51 Fridays, while it's Saturday/Day #2 is bigger than all the ODs.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

Okay so I now must eat a huge steaming pile of crow because I saw it a second time this morning and fuck me but I liked it a lot more this time. I still don't agree with some of the choices that they made but everything just made more sense this time. So everybody I apologize for shiting on Star Wars LOL

It's Rogue One all over again!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

We still love you Baumer.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8789828

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

4OmY4us1YdDHyGzY7oNHsiS8lpM.gif

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

Yay that makes me so happy! Good to hear Baumer :D I’m sure that’s some relief for you too. At least you won’t feel conflicted rooting for it at the box office haha

• Like 2

I think $220 million is very impressive for The Last Jedi. Star Wars now owns the top 2 highest grossing opening weekends ever, both in December.

Depending on legs, The Last Jedi could hit #2 for best total domestic grosses, also giving Star Wars the two best domestic  runs of all time.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I legit had a dream about watching the Crimes of Grindelwald. It was literally Dumbledore walking up to Grindelwald all upset and saying "Why are you doing this?" THEN FUCK I WOKE UP.

Grindelwald replies : 'because they paid me good money and both Yates and JKR support me'

11 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I legit had a dream about watching the Crimes of Grindelwald. It was literally Dumbledore walking up to Grindelwald all upset and saying "Why are you doing this?" THEN FUCK I WOKE UP.

i had a dream about hugh jackman the other day. he seemed nice.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Gonna surprise my eleven year old son with TLJ tickets in a couple hours.

Can't wait to see this with him.

All the females in the family are trekkies. :gold:

Awww, that's sweet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

So you think it drops similar to TFA, even though that film was 3 days closer to the holiday period. I think a lot more people are still working on Monday this year than 2015, which hurts the Sunday night shows. 

Yes. I do think so. $56 million is the high end for me. $54-$56 million range. But I'd be very surprised that this movies drops this projected number.

2 hours ago, SpiritComix said:

SO...

Is 'Justice League' <<< 'Doctor Strange' happening??

:redcapes:

Yes DS over JL is highly likely at this point. I think final gross should be 5-10m less than DS

1 hour ago, JonathanLB said:

Am I wrong to say that $1.5B worldwide (or more) appears likely? TFA opened to $520-something million worldwide without China, and made about 4x that global debut. If TLJ made just above 3x its global debut it would hit $1.5B. Any reason at present to think that’s unrealistic? I don’t know foreign markets as well and whatnot.

Based on DOM and OS opening for TLJ compared to TFA I would say a 20% fall for a total WW gross of 1.65b is possible. More if it shows the backloadedness that it has shown this weekend. Will be a close fight with Jurassic World for #3 place worldwide. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 1