CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

Something interesting from the DHD update earlier this morning.

The anomaly here is that despite advance tickets being 15% behind Force Awakens at an estimated $85M, there’s been a significant amount of walk-up business at 39%. That figure was at 24% for Force Awakens during its opening weekend, per PostTrak, and grew to 72% by weekend two.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

The anomaly here is that despite advance tickets being 15% behind Force Awakens at an estimated $85M, there’s been a significant amount of walk-up business at 39%. That figure was at 24% for Force Awakens during its opening weekend, per PostTrak, and grew to 72% by weekend two.

Moviepass?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

That is really interesting!

Well my best friend tried MoviePass. Hahaha tried. He said he couldn’t find a showing that wasn’t sold out. Hilarious. I told him I don’t use my MoviePass for opening weekends. But that’s because I’m all IMAX all the way if I want to see anything opening weekend otherwise I just wait and see during the week.

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Didn't get Disney's Sunday estimate to begin with. 

they lowballed it. Even with their prediction it still made 220 mil, for spin purposes the difference between 220 and 223 or 224 is negligible.

Also, now they can have a "TLJ exceeds initial estimates" article.

Lowballing it when the lowball is an insanely awesome number makes the most sense, you gain nothing but trying to max out the estimate in this case.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

That is really interesting!

Well my best friend tried MoviePass. Hahaha tried. He said he couldn’t find a showing that wasn’t sold out. Hilarious. I told him I don’t use my MoviePass for opening weekends. But that’s because I’m all IMAX all the way if I want to see anything opening weekend otherwise I just wait and see during the week.

I managed to pull it off today. Went to the theater around 3:30 to get tickets for the 5:15 showing with my son and had one set of two seats next to each other left! Everything else was single seats. We love our MoviePass but, yea, I can see how using it on an OW like this could be quite difficult lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think people will never say again Mark Hamil cant act.

He killed it in this film. 

Yes! Absolutely. One of the first things I thought of when pondering the movie after was Hamill's performance. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FlashMaster659 said:

To be honest, this makes a lot of sense. It proves that those who tried to apply the sequel norm to TLJ were arguably mistaken since we were talking about an already well known entity and TFA had an immeadurable buzz thay cannot be replicated again. This kind of sums it up I guess. 

All in all this was such a massive success. I have to admit that I couldnt see it going that high. Seems like I didn't learn my lesson for underestimating the force with Rogue One.

Haven't sen the movie, but planning to the next week(s). Glad to hear that this is actually causing some divisiveness unlike your common vanilla Disney flicks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichWS said:

I honestly feel like posting about what I think about this here would be pointless and object of the same old shenanigans, so this happened and I discussed it here:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/facebook-user-claims-to-have-manipulated-the-rotten-tomatoes-audience-score-for-the-last-jedi.11636/

Gentle reminder that @EmpireCity was threadbanned for 24 hours for pointing out the obvious: it looked like a troll attack because it was one.