grim22

New Year's Day Weekend Thread: Late Friday estimates (DHD) - TLJ 19.5M, Jumanji 17.5M, PP3 6.7M, TGS 5.3M

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

You could. This doesn't mean you should.

Terminator 1 is on HBO Now/Go.  Terminator 2 is on Hulu and Crackle.  Titanic is on Hulu and Amazon Prime.  Go watch all of them.

I guess I could watch Titanic if it's on Prime

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Darkest Hour/All The Money/Post/Phantom Thread/Shape of Water/CMBYN doing?

Darkest Hour is the Star Wars for seniors.  All the Money in the World is doing fine given the circumstances.  The Post is doing well in limited.  Phantom Thread was somewhat frontloaded in limited, but it's doing fine.  Shape of Water doing fine.  CMBYN doing pretty solid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Sorry to go Film Twitter with all the fresh exciting TLJ/Avatar debates going on, but how are Darkest Hour/All The Money/Post/Phantom Thread/Shape of Water/CMBYN doing?

All the Money's first week covered the reshoots so there's that. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Sorry to go Film Twitter with all the fresh exciting TLJ/Avatar debates going on, but how are Darkest Hour/All The Money/Post/Phantom Thread/Shape of Water/CMBYN doing?

I think great eh good good good good

8 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

@The Last Panda

Star Wars:
The Last Jedi

Domestic Total Est. Tickets: 54,172,700

Thats with only this Fridays numer included from thsi weekend. I know, i know, BOM tickets sold mechanic is more than just flawed, but it gives a genereally good idea.

A lot of people are seeing TLJ.

TFA was about 14% lower than BOM chart, which would put TLJ at about 47 million through Friday. Probably will finish around 65 million tickets. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Giesi said:

TLJ is obviously a good, sometimes even great movie with some flaws, just like the OT. I think many people are jumping on hate-trains like with BvS and AoU (although these are worse movies), my recommend list on Youtube is filled with TLJ SUCKED or WHY TLJ RUINED MY FAV CHARACTER, people see that and think it‘s cool now to hate on TLJ. There are some who have problems and can back up these with valid examples, but so many just hate to look cool.

It's a good movie but it's not the crowdpleaser that audiences keep coming back for, as evidenced by the numbers after its first weekend and the fact that Jumanji is about to overtake it.

• Like 3

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

When I saw All the Money the other day some dude walked into the theatre for the last 20 minutes of the movie :lol:

Happened when I saw Homecoming a 2nd time.  They asked me what part of the movie they were on, and I said "the ending."  They ran out shortly after.

They were like 12 years old too.

8 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I have seen this as well, another bit of evidence the run time is hurting the gross.  

How is this an evidence? If a person deosn't chose a late night screening, it doesn't mean, he's not coming at all. He's going to another screening instead. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Happened when I saw Homecoming a 2nd time.  They asked me what part of the movie they were on, and I said "the ending."  They ran out shortly after.

They were like 12 years old too.

... Your saw Homecoming twice...... why

• Like 1