Eric Loves Rey

Weekend Box Office: Actuals (Page 55): BP $26.6M TR $23.7M ICOI $17.1M AWIT $16.3M LS $11.8M, PR crosses $100M, Jumanji crosses $400M

4 minutes ago, The Mad Panda said:

Except TLJ got good reviews, and BOFFY and Oscar nominations!

It ALSO shamefully stole the Bamboo Award for Best Picture from Born in China:rant:

JUSTICE FOR BORN IN CHINA!!!! :ohmyzod:

• Haha 2

Also Praises to the Panther, can’t say enough of how well it’s doing.

Also big congrats to Sony, it looks like they got their groove back. Jumanji exploded and might be Sony’s biggest movie. They finally have another big blockbuster franchise after so long. Also Peter Rabbit is a huge success for SPA, it’s their first film since HT2 to cross $100M and Sony’s first animated film since Angry Birds to cross it.  

So, are we back to talking about opening movies and their legs yet?  How about all 3 new wide release movies pull a 2.7x+ thanks to spring break?:)  And the goodness of March just keeps rolling on next weekend with some more surprise openings (if you all think every movie is opening under $17M on the official start to most public school spring breaks, you need some more happiness and optimism in your lives...and some more movie-watching in theaters:)...  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Also Praises to the Panther, can’t say enough of how well it’s doing.

Also big congrats to Sony, it looks like they got their groove back. Jumanji exploded and might be Sony’s biggest movie. They finally have another big blockbuster franchise after so long. Also Peter Rabbit is a huge success for SPA, it’s their first film since HT2 to cross $100M and Sony’s first animated film since Angry Birds to cross it.  

I don't think Sony should do a sequel to PR because it might do a Smurfs 2 where it decreases from the first, it'll probably happen though. 

I'm unsure how the MIB reboot will do because that's a much riskier bet, it might be Ghostbusters 2016 all over again. 

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Monitor closely the OS run of A Wrinkle in Time, it s gonna be quite spectacular.

The ultra slow roll out until late april does not make that an easy one to follow, the trade seem to just write what the distributor tell them to write and it is always to make the movie sound the biggest as possible (5th biggest ever weekend for the studio for a spring release in Malaysia, etc...), it rarely put in context how bad it is if it is bad.

For example:

Ava DuVernay’s fantasy adaptation A Wrinkle In Time added $3.2m for an early $10.6m from 11 material territories and stands at $5.2m in Russia, $1.8m in Spain, and $1m in France. The worldwide haul has reached a promising $71.7m after two weekends.

That does sound like a terrible drop from the 4.13m opening in Russia (I would imagine festivities around woman day boosted it or some other holiday), 1M in France for a Wednesday big Disney release sound like an incredibly low 5 days and Spain was at 1M last Sunday showing much better legs than in Russia but I am not sure if it is a good number or bad at all.

We (well at least me) need help to monitor almost all non Chinese-Domestic performance with comparable to have any idea if it is any good, I have not idea how good/bad that 3.2M weekend is but it does sound weak, but then again how much I would have expected for is hong-kong, malaysia, croatia, russia, singapore, Ukraine, spain, france, sri lanka, vietnamn performance with some of them being a second weekend.

Edited by Barnack

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

The ultra slow roll out until late april does not make that an easy one to follow, the trade seem to just write what the distributor tell them to write and it is always to make the movie sound the biggest as possible (5th biggest ever weekend for the studio for a spring release in Malaysia, etc...), it rarely but in context how bad it is if it is bad.

For example:

Ava DuVernay’s fantasy adaptation A Wrinkle In Time added $3.2m for an early $10.6m from 11 material territories and stands at $5.2m in Russia, $1.8m in Spain, and $1m in France. The worldwide haul has reached a promising $71.7m after two weekends.

That does sound like a terrible drop from the 4.13m opening in Russia (I would imagine festivities around woman day boosted it or some other holiday), 1M in France for a Wednesday big Disney release sound like an incredibly low 5 days and Spain was at 1M last Sunday showing much better legs than in Russia but I am not sure if it is a good number or bad at all.

We (well at least me) need help to monitor almost all non Chinese-Domestic performance with comparable to have any idea if it is any good, I have not idea how good/bad that 3.2M weekend is but it does sound weak, but then again how much I would have expected for is hong-kong, malaysia, croatia, russia, singapore, Ukraine, spain, france, sri lanka, vietnamn performance with some of them being a second weekend.

It's going to struggle simply because the book isn't as well known OS. 

52 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Just got back from Game Night. 

Not worth a trip to the cinema, maybe streaming. Not funny enough. Some weird miscasting going on too.

2/5 

That movie’s finally come out over here????? I’ve not heard a thing about it. It’s strange too, a couple years ago a movie like that would’ve received a ton of advertising.

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Just got back from Game Night. 

Not worth a trip to the cinema, maybe streaming. Not funny enough. Some weird miscasting going on too.

2/5 

What's the miscasting?