CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

2 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

It does make a big difference in its ow record potential. That would mean a 68 million Friday, smashing every other opening Friday, and it would prove that this is behaving like a marvel film (compared to its preview number) not a Star Wars or Harry Potter film thus increasing the chances for a gigantic Saturday number.

My point was that even with 102-105 it still would have had the record true Friday but some people viewed that as disappointing which was preposterous. But just an increase of 2m is enough to send opinions the other way which is incredibly silly. 

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

My only regret is that it could not manage 1m more on Friday. 

We musn’t lose hope, it could yet manage it

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

We musn’t lose hope, it could yet manage it

Come on man. You guys are doing it again. I remember the preview number just 24 hours ago. It was supposed to be 45 and some were saying "Come on 48!". It's never enough lol

2 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

I want it to be 109 just so Friday becomes a pure 70. Nice round figures excite me.

Me and the wife preferes a pure 69

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Disbelief 1

What @ZeeSoh said :rofl:

That being said, even 2M can make a big difference, so yeah. Needless to say that with a 68M real Friday in fucking April with a lot of schools still going (3rd biggest true day ever gross behind JW and Avengers' Saturdays; possibly 4th behind also TFA's Sat), 70M+ Saturday is almost a given now.

And those OS numbers are fucking mindblowing. WW OW record is almost a lock at this point, and if China opened too, this shit would've done 750-800M WW OW alone. InGoddamncredible.

• Like 1

So, we have the third movie to gross +$100 million in a single day.

Can this movie explode in ticket sales on Saturday?

Opening weekend record in question?

It all depends in this Friday number.

17 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Come on man. You guys are doing it again. I remember the preview number just 24 hours ago. It was supposed to be 45 and some were saying "Come on 48!". It's never enough lol

Lol the extra 1 million is so that true friday can hit 69 which is kinda of a joke thats been going around the forums for a few months now especially thanks to @aabattery

We’re not really being serious about this

• Like 1