CaptainJackSparrow

Rambo: Last Blood | September 20 2019 | Rambo going to the old town road one last time

20 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

If @baumer want to take top Rambo fan spot on this site I'll concede it to him. However, I'm laying claim to the #2 spot and I am excited for this. I think Baumer will come around with his excitement the closer it gets and for sure by the second trailer. 

I don't think any jungle scenes will come into play. Doesn't appear from this initial trailer that the action is going to take us into those parts of Mexico. Sly has flatly stated this is going to have a more western theme to it, think No Country for Old Men

we are around the same age so how about if we just share the moniker as biggest Rambo fan at the site?

• Like 2

"Aladdin" #1 movie,  "Dark Crystal" sequel on Netflix (Dark Crystal came out the same year as First Blood) and "Rambo" returning for one last ride.   70's/80's babies take-over of Hollywood is complete, lol.   Look, it's Rambo.  I'm there Opening day.  I never felt it should be rebooted.  If Sly would of not come back, I do think there is room somewhere for a possible Prequel with a Younger Rambo and the Raven company in Vietnam before "First Blood", it would show how he became such a skilled solider.   But that looked wild.  Rambo Vs The Cartel.  

Edited by filmscholar

1 hour ago, Mr Terrific said:

Definitely seeing this. 

Not holding out for the return of Marion Cobretti or Lincoln Hawk. 

The Cobra I could stand for more of but Kurt acts like revisiting old characters or situations is beneath him now.

Hawk I'm indifferent to though.

Now, John Spartan....I'd like another crack at that sci-fi world! Clone Snipes, he and Sly did EX3 so I bet he would return as well!!

• Thanks 1

The teaser IMO is quite good. I like the scenes at the farm, could become very entertaining. What I didn't like that much was the scene in the city. Rambo (to me) is settled in the outdoors.
But overall I agree that this teaser is better than that of Terminator: Dark Fate (which I would rate mediocre).
And I also think this teaser could be partly misleading. E.g. I remember some shots of a group of people in the forest which is completely missing here. We will see.

The poster looks very good.

Anecdotal: I think sometimes the forum of boxofficetheory is a bit more critical with some (especially also worldwide popular) films than other websites or e.g. european websites. Rambo V is the third film within 2 or 3 weeks where I notice that. The Rambo: Last Blood teaser overall has a positive reception in Germany on four best/very well known sites (filmstarts, moviepilot, insidekino, moviejones) and at the most frenquented website (filmstarts.de) it's at the moment the most anticipated film of all future films (it's the same at moviejones). That won't last over the weeks of course but it's a good sign.
Same goes for the trailer of Angel has Fallen which was also mostly well liked here and which is still among the top 10 of this list just as Terminator 6 (where the feedback was not great here but also not bad, more like „I expected it to become worse“).
On allocine.fr Rambo V is at the moment #7 and T 6 is also still among the top 20 (for comparisons: The #1 is X-Men: Dark Phoenix, MIB: International is #5).
Finally, Rambo V to my surprise was now five consecutive weeks in the top 100 of imdb (this week it's #37, last week #53) and that without any teaser and in many countries even without a release date (in Germany e.g. the rumour was that it will - with luck  - be released in 2020 due to distribution right problems).

• Like 1

Discovered this article at boxofficepro.com: Social Pulse: 'Rambo' takes over Facebook (www.boxofficepro.com/social-pulse-rambo-takes-over-facebook/).
Last week (the article from May the 29th), Downton Abbey was #1 followed by Child's Play, Toy Story 4, Star Wars and Abominable. Terminator: Dark Fate was not among the top 5 of Facebook as it seems but therefor #2 of the Twitter charts.

I'm not sure how much this means because we have seen that internet and fan buzz/hype does not always translate into stellar box office results but it's still nice to see Rambo for one week among films like The Lion King or Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker.

• Like 1

I have to admit, when I saw they were making this, that they were going to make a follow up  sequel to "First Blood" ,which is so radicaly different in tone from the other Rambo movies,and easily the best. was the last thing I thought.

I thought in First Blood the scene where Rambo breaks down and talks about what happened in Vietnam is the best single piece of acting Stallione ever did.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I have to admit, when I saw they were making this, that they were going to make a follow up  sequel to "First Blood" ,which is so radicaly different in tone from the other Rambo movies,and easily the best. was the last thing I thought.

I thought in First Blood the scene where Rambo breaks down and talks about what happened in Vietnam is the best single piece of acting Stallione ever did.

American politicians from both sides sends their deplorables to fight their wars overseas and treat them like shit when they go back home, soldiers so fullfilled to have  been used as cannon fodder.

Nothing has changed since the first Rambo.

17 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

American politicians from both sides sends their deplorables to fight their wars overseas and treat them like shit when they go back home, soldiers so fullfilled to have  been used as cannon fodder.

Nothing has changed since the first Rambo.

Vietnam war still had conscription going on (the franchise isn't quite coherence on that regard too, depending on the movie he enlisted or got drafted), I think it is quite the relevant change since then, veteran program, knowledge measure also changed quite a lot since.

In percentage of people involved:

2011-veterans-66.png

In the nature of the people serving in combat has well.

2011-veterans-80.png

The part about modern american soldier being used as cannon fodder seem quite unfounded, statistically people in the military died quite less than the general american population even adjusted for age, vast majority of the death during the Irak-Afghanistan war among soldier were travel accident, not combat.

American Soldier now a day come family that have an median income higher than the average American:

http://www.ifn.se/wfiles/wp/wp965.pdf

Table 2 shows that median family income was $68,000 for men and $71,000 for women who joined the military. These figures are higher than the median family income of civilians which was around $61,000. The average family income of those who joined was around 4 percent higher than that of civilians

Edited by Barnack

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

I may end up watching this for some cool Stallone action sequences but I dunno....not much going for this movie. Under $10M OW?

Apparently it's tracking to more than 25 million.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

That's good to hear. I was hoping for $15m

Yeah, I figured this would be another one of those sequels nobody asked for and get completely rejected and forgotten. Maybe people have Stallone's Rocky swan song in mind and are thinking it'll be the same kind of feeling here.

• Like 1