ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

10 minutes ago, imbruglia said:

I just saw the film. and this is one of best marvel film for me. 

RT is doing most as I expected it.

I genuinely don't buy that this is that worse than BW, SC or most MCU films.

Also that being said, this is still very marvel film. not chloe zhao's art house film, or far from usual marvel film. 

and I can see some people less liking this due to less action driven, but still it is marvel's fun adventure film.

so I don't see audience being much divisive as RT critics score.

Reviews with exception of a few ain't even saying it's the worst mcu movie. They just went in and didn't like it  and I think is getting bad reviews based on lofty expectations . Even the youtube reviews I've seen ain't  saying it's the worst mcu movie even the negative ones.

You enjoyed great for you and will see how the general audience  reacts . We don't need to through shade at critics everytime we have a different experience .

That being said are there any criticisms you had about the movie and are some of them any issues sited by critical reviews.

The movie lacks the energy and fun bombastic action of previous MCU movies. Hence, the muted response. Hulk 2003 all over again with less exciting visuals. That movie is fresh on RT!!

Papa Feige isn't too happy today. The sooner Spiderman comes the better unless he thought this was a better movie and an Oscar contender....*gulps*

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Any guess on CinemaScore?

I think Eternals is still better than AoU, but since AoU managed to get A so.....

And Thor 1 get B+ but DW got A-, which totally blow my mind since I won't hesitate to give C+ to DW.  so it is unpredictable as the box office.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, imbruglia said:

Also that being said, this is still very marvel film. not chloe zhao's art house film, or far from usual marvel film. 

and I can see some people less liking this due to less action driven, but still it is marvel's fun adventure film.

I think the problem is the people who value these review aggregators.
Why not form your own opinion?
it's fine to read the reviews, they help you if you're undecided whether to see it or not but you can't talk if you haven't seen the movie first.

30 minutes ago, imbruglia said:

Yes, Eternals is still pretty much feel like a MCU movie, and people tend to forget much of Eternals' production took place before Zhao's Venice and Oscar win, so no way Disney/Marvel will allow much amateur or personal directorship with Zhao and Zhao would have far less creditability to do her pure own version of MCU film. 

I think I am going to enjoy this a lot more than Black Widow. I don't find myself agreeing with critics much these days. Seems like they have agendas or are interested in ideas I don't much care for.  

Sales have picked up and if it gets to 10M Previews and 75m OW then I would be happy with that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

I think I am going to enjoy this a lot more than Black Widow. I don't find myself agreeing with critics much these days. Seems like they have agendas or are interested in ideas I don't much care for. 

I occasionally hear this but never really know what it means. Could you elaborate?

(And before anyone brings Joker brought up: I thought that pretty much got critical reception it deserved.)

Personally like AOU despite it's flaws, love myself that farm scene and the party scenes at the avengers building. Intro of Ultron is great but the execution is lacklustre in the end.

Personally think Eternals slot anywhere from 10 to 17 on my list.

Yeah I like IM3 as a fun movie.

probably enjoy it more than DS,CM, A&TW,BW ,IM2.

23 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I occasionally hear this but never really know what it means. Could you elaborate?

(And before anyone brings Joker brought up: I thought that pretty much got critical reception it deserved.)

I don't want to derail this thread. I would say that I would not agree with you on Joker (for example ) and leave it at that. 

23 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Can Joker really be a comparison.. that was what I would call divisive. 

Maybe Eternals can be just as divisive but with Joker the movie is 68% or something on RT but an average score over 7 I think.. 

Then you factor in the awards run it went on all the praise it received from acting and directing academies...etc.

That's what I would call divisive. Not sure Eternals will be like that.

1 hour ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

I think the problem is the people who value these review aggregators.
Why not form your own opinion?
it's fine to read the reviews, they help you if you're undecided whether to see it or not but you can't talk if you haven't seen the movie first.

A movie can still have flaws ,that doesn't prevent one from liking it.

I love AOU and IM3 there are 10 and 11 on my list higher than gotg 2 and BP . Some movies connect with poeple differently it doesn't mean the movies can't have flaws .

Not saying critics are full proof and they can bring out some really questionable reviews e.g the first two entries of the ST are some of the most inflated scores and avgs  I've seen for some of the issues they have.

TDW reviews baffle me how high they are.

Critic reviews don't really have to determine how one feels about a movie .

You can still love a movie and it can still have critical flaws.

2 hours ago, Ronin46 said:

Sales have picked up and if it gets to 10M Previews and 75m OW then I would be happy with that.

If you’d said $75m a few weeks ago I would have thought you were crazy, but even UK presales look weak. 

I still think it’ll do $90m+, hoping for $100m just because I always thought that’s what it would do. 

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

If you’d said $75m a few weeks ago I would have thought you were crazy, but even UK presales look weak. 

I still think it’ll do $90m+, hoping for $100m just because I always thought that’s what it would do. 

Well after a few days of presales it was looking like 15M previews and 110 OW. I think 9m to 11M previews is where it can land from here. I dont know if the mixed reviews slowed it all down or not (seems like it had a big say). It seems to be recovering but this is where Venom, SC took off so even a ramp up wont mean it gets to 80.

I looked at the figures and its also not having the same amount of shows as BW. Maybe the length is affecting this as well as some theatres not embracing it as much. That might hurt it on OW.

• Like 1