Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

41 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Orcs don't exist and in both The LOTR & The Hobbit movies, they use something called special effects.

People seem to have a rubber fetish, god only knows why.

Is your take that because the average reasonable human know equally when watching Lords of the rings or the Hobbit those are not real Orcs that exist in the world you cannot say that one look more fake than the other ? Really ?

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Yea I'm not saying there aren't legit criticisms, of course their are. But the "it's terrible, dances with wolves lol" garbage that gets trotted out

Yeah, that was stupid. Anyone who used that line isn't one to talk about originality.

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

The execution of Avatar is spot on. That's why it was so successful. Anyone who whines about "we've seen that story/characters before!!", well yeah how many blockbusters can we say that about? Most of them. They need to go back and re-evaluate the execution, because it all works. 

^This. I’m watching Avatar again right now for the umpteenth time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Blockbuster wise, I d say Jurassic World's box office run is the most surprising of this decade.

Never in a million years I would have bet these kinda numbers, 650m dom, 1,5B WW, wut ?

Even tho I knew the first film was gigantic in the 90's.

It’s Black Panther and it’s not even remotely close to close. The Jurassic Park series has had record breakers in the past. 

• Like 1

The Last Jedi will hurt Episode 9. Still think under a billion has a 50/50 shot of happening. Disney has their work cut out for them because the film has not even a faint hook due to Carrie Fisher's untimely passing. Not that Leia alone would have given it a massive hook to begin with.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

2 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I kinda don't get the Hobbit hate. Maybe because I am not that big on the LOTR trilogy but I found all of them pretty enjoyable. It didn't drag for me as much as I thought.

Me neither, really loved #1 and #2 (#3 was ok). Then again, don't share the same opinion with the majority on this forum. Was in love with Avatar, thought BP was great, and IW was mediocre to me :ph34r:...

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

glad avatar 2's giving a job to stephen lang who i last saw promoting a syfy channel marathon of terra nova three years after it had been cancelled.

oh and i almost forgot he's in the JARHEAD SEQUELS

did you guys know that JARHEAD that movie about how war is boring is a straight to dvd action franchise now?

MONDAY UPDATE, WRITETHRU: Disney/Lucasfilm’s Solo: A Star Wars Storycame in with a confirmed $68.2M in the actuals for its international box office bow this weekend. The Millennium Falcon has been through some tough space battles before, and even if this is above the Sunday estimate of $65M, it’s still a very disappointing result for the film that’s been decently received by critics and offers its share of fun summer popcorn action. The haul is far below industry projections and the global total, including domestic‘s 3-day launch, is $153M.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if anyone brought this up.

3m above estimate, this is really a great 2nd weekend number!!

http://deadline.com/2018/05/solo-a-star-wars-story-opening-weekend-deadpool-2-avengers-infinity-war-china-global-international-box-office-1202398686/

Disney/Lucasfilm’s Solo: A Star Wars Storycame in with a confirmed $68.2M in the actuals for its international box office bow this weekend. The Millennium Falcon has been through some tough space battles before, and even if this is above the Sunday estimate of $65M, it’s still a very disappointing result for the film that’s been decently received by critics and offers its share of fun summer popcorn action. The haul is far below industry projections and the global total, including domestic‘s 3-day launch, is $153M.

• Like 1

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

The Last Jedi will hurt Episode 9. Still think under a billion has a 50/50 shot of happening. Disney has their work cut out for them but the film has not even a faint hook due to Carrie Fisher's untimely passing. Not that Leia alone would have given it a massive.

I would assume the outline was to always make Leia the big OT star of IX since Han was TFA's and Luke was TLJ's. So yeah, that is another ding against it that it won't have one of the OT three in a lead role like it was probably originally planned. Assuming they don't give Force Ghost Luke a huge role, which I think sounds awful. 

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

Saying BP is a better movie than IW is a matter of opinion and one that I strongly disagree with.

BP is a landmark film and to me personally, seeing minority characters on screen as main characters in such a high-level epic blockbuster will forever ensure it as such.

However, I am an MCU fanboy and seeing the MCU Buildup over ten years to Thanos and what the film paid off to was amazing and for being so hyped, it truly delivered. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

wont have to dream for bigger #s for Episode IX.  TLJ will probably have a warmer response by the time it opens

Maybe 10 years ago, but the Youtubers will ensure it wont :P

3 minutes ago, nevermore said:

MONDAY UPDATE, WRITETHRU: Disney/Lucasfilm’s Solo: A Star Wars Storycame in with a confirmed $68.2M in the actuals for its international box office bow this weekend. The Millennium Falcon has been through some tough space battles before, and even if this is above the Sunday estimate of $65M, it’s still a very disappointing result for the film that’s been decently received by critics and offers its share of fun summer popcorn action. The haul is far below industry projections and the global total, including domestic‘s 3-day launch, is $153M.

Wow, increase. That’s a surprise.

Any additional help is good for it I guess lol.

4 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

Jumanji's run is more surprising than Black Panther, and that's just from the last year, much less last decade.

Jumanji's run was awesome but not more surprising than Black Panther making 700M, come on

• Like 8