Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

1 hour ago, expensiveho said:

People are vastly overestimating how much people actually care about the Letitia controversy. We do know that a certain corner of the internet will meltdown over a female BP so I see why they would want to avoid having 2 shitstorms at the same time, though.

Beyond all that, Lupita would still be a better choice so I hope it's her. 

I think the people who rage about female superheroes weren't really here for Black Panther, even before, and were probably the ones mad that it got more Oscars attention than Infinity War (while insisting they "don't care" about awards). So picking a female BP would be immaterial to them, as in their opinion, the existence of Black Panther movies at all is a sign of how Disney has gone "too woke" or whatever.

The Recast T'Challa people aren't happy with the trailer either, but a "movement" that makes a lot of noise on Twitter doesn't always amount to much in real life.

I feel like Letitia must have a big role in Wakanda Forever or else the production wouldn't have been held up that much by her absence.

• Like 2

Letitia has top billing for this movie. No one else even makes any sense to take on the mantle of BP besides Shuri. Not to mention her being the reluctant grieving figurehead for Wakanda is a pretty compelling character arc. 

Anyone who keeps suggesting M’Baku or for gods sake Kilmonger clearly doesn’t give a fuck about Black Panther or Wakanda anyway. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

I understand the recast T'challa sentiment. However, when a group within that group cries about there being a female Black Panther, that subgroup really expose themselves for being what they really are.

And yes, by the time the movie comes out, nobody's gonna give a $h!+ about any Leticia Wright controversy or even remember it.

Edited by jedijake
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Do people really think Nakia will be the next Black Panther? All the signs are pointing to it being Shuri.

This is just people trying to cope over people not wanting Letitia to be in these movies anymore. And like I get Shuri's not everybody's cup of tea (even though she was the best in Black Panther but whatevz) and her antivax stuff sucks, but sometimes you just have to accept things you don't like will happen and to just move on. It's not like a good chunk of the other MCU cast members have many progressive viewpoints anyways.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric the Superdog said:

This is just people trying to cope over people not wanting Letitia to be in these movies anymore. And like I get Shuri's not everybody's cup of tea (even though she was the best in Black Panther but whatevz) and her antivax stuff sucks, but sometimes you just have to accept things you don't like will happen and to just move on. It's not like a good chunk of the other MCU cast members have many progressive viewpoints anyways.

The Wasp is a WASP.

3 hours ago, Wormow said:

Letitia has top billing for this movie. No one else even makes any sense to take on the mantle of BP besides Shuri. Not to mention her being the reluctant grieving figurehead for Wakanda is a pretty compelling character arc. 

Anyone who keeps suggesting M’Baku or for gods sake Kilmonger clearly doesn’t give a fuck about Black Panther or Wakanda anyway. 

I can't take people who suggest Killmonger as BP seriously, it's like they didn't watch the first movie at all.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm not bothered by whoever they choose as BP. I'm very concerned about Iron Heart. Don't care for her show so this feels like a mandate to promote that thing. Don't care about her journey (you can see her build her suit in the trailer) but thats seems to be a big part of the plot. So we have grieving family and kingdom, attack by Namor, someone's journey to become BP and Riri Williams journey to become full-fledged Iron Heart. One thing is not like the other.

I'd say based on a trailer that she'll have simialr role to America Chavez so if you liked McGuffin Chavez I guess you'll like McGuffin Williams. I was not impressed.

Edited by Valonqar

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I'm not bothered by whoever they choose as BP. I'm very concerned about Iron Heart. Don't care for her show so this feels like a mandate to promote that thing. Don't care about her journey (you can see her build her suit in the trailer) but thats eems to be a big part of the plot. So we have grieving family and kingdom, attack by Namor, someone's journey to become BP and Riri Williams journey to become full-fledged Iron Heart. One thing is not like the other.

It's just a subplot. What's the concern?

12 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I'm not bothered by whoever they choose as BP. I'm very concerned about Iron Heart. Don't care for her show so this feels like a mandate to promote that thing. Don't care about her journey (you can see her build her suit in the trailer) but thats seems to be a big part of the plot. So we have grieving family and kingdom, attack by Namor, someone's journey to become BP and Riri Williams journey to become full-fledged Iron Heart. One thing is not like the other.

I'd say based on a trailer that she'll have simialr role to America Chavez so if you liked McGuffin Chavez I guess you'll like McGuffin Williams. I was not impressed.

You're assuming a lot of things based on 2 seconds in the trailer. She's in this movie the same reason Black Panther was introduced in Civil War. It worked great in that movie no reason why it can't work here.

Edited by Lion Roar
  • Like 1

I watched the comic con panel for marvel. Loved how everyone from this and gotg3 all hugged each other after the trailers. I kept thinking while watching it though that Leticia Wright is SO skinny. Her arms are tiny. Movie magic and all that though so I should be able to ignore this while watching the film. It’s a super suit right? Lol

7 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I think the people who rage about female superheroes weren't really here for Black Panther, even before, and were probably the ones mad that it got more Oscars attention than Infinity War (while insisting they "don't care" about awards). So picking a female BP would be immaterial to them, as in their opinion, the existence of Black Panther movies at all is a sign of how Disney has gone "too woke" or whatever.

I disagree, not everyone is a bigot towards the same people. For example, Black guys (or girls, self-hate happens in every community) can be misogynistic and most likely wouldn't have any problem with the previous movie. Then we have the closet cases disguising themselves as comic-book purists. People find weird ways to justify their hatred. 

I truly hope this discourse around every movie stops soon because it's exhausting.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

I disagree, not everyone is a bigot towards the same people. For example, Black guys (or girls, self-hate happens in every community) can be misogynistic and most likely wouldn't have any problem with the previous movie. Then we have the closet cases disguising themselves as comic-book purists. People find weird ways to justify their hatred. 

I truly hope this discourse around every movie stops soon because it's exhausting.  

It’ll only stop when people like Ben Shapiro, Jordan Peterson and all these culture war YouTube channels stop making money from nerd outrage. 

Black Panther 76M ticket sold in the Us.

people reading the last BP numbers in the Us: 1 Million maybe.

98% of the audience know the universe and the characters from the movie. If the story is good and emotional anyone can be BP and it's okay.

Edited by vale9001