YM!

Weekend Thread 11/16 - 11/18 - Grindelwald $25.7M Friday, Instant Family at $4.5M Friday

1 hour ago, PANDA said:

My early thoughts for this years Summer Game!

1. Detective Pikachu - 750m

2. The Lion King - 720m

3. Avengers 4 - 665m

4. Aladdin - 350m

5. Spider-Man: Far From Home - 310m

6. Toy Story 4 - 280m

7. The Secret Life of Pets 2 - 265m

8. Godzilla: King of Monsters - 175m

9. Fast and Furious Spin-off - 155m

10. Good Boys - 145m

11. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - 140m

12. Men in Black 4 - 135m

13. Rocketman - 130m

14. Dark Phoenix - 125m

15. Artemis Fowl - 115m

Alt: Annabelle 3 - 105m

Alt: Limited Partners - 95m

Only 750M? 🤔

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

Getting destroyed is a definite matter of opinion though. For example, I would say that SM3 even adds to the trilogy rather than 'ruins' it in a way 

Sure thing. How did that opinion work out for you when Spider-Man was cancelled and rebooted? At the end of the day the general consensus is what matters. Movies are a products. If people hate something then it won’t keep getting made.

1 hour ago, PANDA said:

My early thoughts for this years Summer Game!

1. Detective Pikachu - 200m

2. The Lion King - 680m

3. Avengers 4 - 600m

4. Aladdin - 250m

5. Spider-Man: Far From Home - 260m

6. Toy Story 4 - 300m

7. The Secret Life of Pets 2 - 150m

8. Godzilla: King of Monsters - 100m

9. Fast and Furious Spin-off - 155m

10. Good Boys - 100m

11. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - 140m

12. Men in Black 4 - 135m

13. Rocketman - 130m

14. Dark Phoenix - 0m 

15. Artemis Fowl - 115m

Alt: Annabelle 3 - 105m

Alt: Limited Partners - 95m

Fixed it for you 

Just now, ViewerAnon said:

Spider-Man 4 was cancelled because of the massively ballooning budget and lack of enthusiasm from Raimi, not because of Spider-Man 3's reaction.

If spider man 3 was loved it would have never been rebooted. They would have gotten a new director to continue the story.  

• Like 1

SM3 is ATROCIOUS, in every sense of the word. And that’s all I have to say about that. 

As for FB2; slightly dissapointing number. Will do less DOM than the first but should still do pretty good OS, so it’s not all bad, I guess. 

How are they getting 12m for IF off a 5m Friday?! 

7 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

Variety and The Hollywood Reporter are reporting the same numbers for instant family so either the Friday numbers are not five million or this is playing less like a family film then people predict it. 

I'm gonna assume that Deadline may have misreported the Friday numbers for IF and Widows if Variety and THR are reporting the same weekend. Because regardless of a family film or not, a $5-$5.5M Friday for any film would rarely translate to a $12M weekend especially when you consider that the Thursday previews are a small part of that Friday number.  

But I guess we shall find out soon. 

• Like 1

those weekend numberas cannot stick for 5M and 5.5M Friday cause they would indicate collapse on Saturday. And that ain't gonna happen for movies that aren't frontloaded. Variety and THR are blindly reporting Deadline crap. No way either makes under 15M let alone 12-13M lol give me a break.

5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Fantastic Beasts 2 went on a freefall today on Rotten Tomatoes. It's at 40% currently. Started the day at 57% if I'm not wrong.

The Harry Potter franchise did not deserve to end like this. Damn, JK, all you had to do was replace that man! :slaphead:

Depp ironically is one of the better parts of the movie 

3 hours ago, ViewerAnon said:

You mean like how Warner Bros has continued The Dark Knight Rises' story?

Yes. Didn't they base the entire DCEU on that trilogy? That's why Man of Steel and BvS were so bad since they kept trying to make everything dark and gritty ala Christopher Nolan

Edited by GraceRandolph
  • Haha 1