Eric Duncan

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

1 minute ago, stephanos13 said:

2 weeks is not enough space to have time to decide and Inception is not a new movie.

it might not be a new movie but it might give people something new

That special anniversary theatrical event will also give audiences a never-before-seen look at footage from Tenet. Moviegoers will also receive an exclusive sneak peek of select films on Warner Bros.’ upcoming slate.

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Considering that a considerable amount of cinemas are already starting to open, I doubt that's true. They're clearly using Inception as a test here. If it works, Tenet's not moving.

Inception serves a couple of purposes. I think the most important thing it does is give cinemas something to play that they can make some money off of. If dates keep moving back then some chains, AMC most notably, won't survive.

The other is as you stated, serving as a test to show how many people will come out. If I'm right on what the results will be, I expect all of the big budget movies to slide out of 2020 dates and move into 2021.

2 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

It’s not exactly a very good test, don’t get me wrong, I love Inception, but I’m not risking my health and the health of my family just to watch a film I can watch on Blu Ray in the safety of my own home. The real test is going to be a film that people are desperate to see and can’t see anywhere else, like Tenet itself or WW84. Inception is merely a peace offering to cinemas operators.

You're decision isn't everyone's decision though. Like I'd see Inception in cinemas in July but that doesn't mean I expect this to do well. I think it's a good test because it's the kind of film that offers a much better experience in cinemas. A 1000-2000 theatre rerelease of Inception could test the waters well imo. Of course WB isn't going to expect it to do as well as a new release but I think it's still a good test. Better than dumping a new movie and risking it flopping.

Just now, RealLyre said:

yeah it's Oct 2nd for WW84 no idea how they messed it up on the first tweet

Reaching here but maybe the other tweet was referring to Canadian Thanksgiving...?

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

You're decision isn't everyone's decision though. Like I'd see Inception in cinemas in July but that doesn't mean I expect this to do well. I think it's a good test because it's the kind of film that offers a much better experience in cinemas. A 1000-2000 theatre rerelease of Inception could test the waters well imo. Of course WB isn't going to expect it to do as well as a new release but I think it's still a good test. Better than dumping a new movie and risking it flopping.

I know my decision might not reflect everyone’s decision, but surely in the current situation that the world is in, there will be a sizeable majority of the general audience who will think “shall I watch this in a cinema or play it safe and watch it on Blu Ray/HBO Max/Netflix?”. I can’t really see an Inception re-release attracting anyone but hardcore Nolan fans.

Sooner or later someone is going to have to risk a tentpole, and only then will we have a clear picture of what’s going to happen. Unhinged would likely have bombed wherever they put it, so let’s not pretend that’s a test.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Sigh.

You know what? All I ask is that something is in theatres when they open up. I'm happy to have appetizers for now and wait for Tenet and other big blockbusters.

Sounds like you need to get Unhinged.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2