Eric Duncan

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

30 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It seems that fears over a second wave have just gone up. That might make things more difficult. 

There is still 5 weeks to go. New york is in good shape but Los Angeles is still in rough position. If that improves in next 3 weeks I am expecting it to still open. I dont see us going back to total lock down like march. one there is way more testing capacity as compared to March. So the goal now is to focus on contact tracing to isolate hot spots within the city. 

• Like 3

Nolan's name is enough star power to get most movie fans out to the theaters, (his name is what sold Dunkirk, otherwise that movie would've made numbers closer to 1917). but even Nolan isn't as big of a draw as a franchise CBM like Wonder Woman or Black Widow

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

It seems that fears over a second wave have just gone up. That might make things more difficult. 

Stock Market dropped 1800 points.

I think the surprise is the resurgence happening so soon, it was expected to happen in the fall.

The knock-on effect of this will be big. Mulan isn't going to try to be the re-opening movie as per Disney, WW84 also likely won't come just 2 weeks after Tenet. So now both those will move later causing other movies to do the same.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Maggie said:

ikr. This move is simply PR. They'll move it again

I agree. I think this is a bone they're throwing to cinema operators. I don't think it sticks.

We're quickly approaching a situation where 2020 is just a total loss for tent poles, and cinemas are in a world of hurt. Hopefully there will be enough small budget films released combined with good enough conditions to get some buts in the seats. BO is going to be small for the rest of the year, though.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The knock-on effect of this will be big. Mulan isn't going to try to be the re-opening movie as per Disney, WW84 also likely won't come just 2 weeks after Tenet. So now both those will move later causing other movies to do the same.

Mulan Oct 2 seems good. I'm surprised no big movie has jumped on October. i guess WB wants The Witches to do really well around Halloween and that's why they won't put anything else there?

2 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

That's what i'm thinking too. These moves are purely PR. Tenet will not open so soon when the whole world is on fire. Most countries will not have cinemas open by the end of July

Edited by Maggie