Eric Duncan

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

If anything it's gonna be fun seeing this (and Mulan) sticking around in the top 10 for a while since the paucity of releases that's looking to last until Labor Day weekend (unless a whole bunch of movies either move up or get added to the schedule) means we won't have an official box office top 10 again for another couple of months.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

If anything it's gonna be fun seeing this (and Mulan) sticking around in the top 10 for a while since the paucity of releases that's looking to last until Labor Day weekend (unless a whole bunch of movies either move up or get added to the schedule) means we won't have an official box office top 10 again for another couple of months.

Would you say March 13-15 was the last "official" weekend? Asking because I'm just trying to guage your definition of official

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

It will be fun seeing the top 3 DOM and WW movies get shaken up...they've been the same for months...

I mean, Jan 1, who expected Dolittle to be the #3 WW movie through June 10?:)

8 hours ago, grim22 said:

This is a game of chicken with human lives on the line. Just delay it already.

Covid numbers are rising in some of the "reopened " states.

That's the problem; if a limited reopening, like Cali now has leads to a rise in  Covid numbers it could stop reopenign cold.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

I'm sticking to my original point.  I'm skeptical of any wide-release of a big tentpole film happening anytime soon. 

Yeah, 25% is not going to cut it for a big tentpole.

Edited by dudalb

37 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Yeah, 25% is not going to cut it for a big tentpole.

25%, but with as many auditoriums as they want. Normally, Tenet would have to compete with all other holdovers. Now, it and Mulan could basically have all the auditoriums to themselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

25%, but with as many auditoriums as they want. Normally, Tenet would have to compete with all other holdovers. Now, it and Mulan could basically have all the auditoriums to themselves.

I still think 25% is going to be something of a drawback for the studios.

If nothing else, I think a lot of people would think "If the    state is only allowing 25% in the theater, then it probably ain't that safe anyway".

A lot of unknowns here, we are in uncharted waters.

There’s been continual buzz back and forth as to whether Tenet will stick to its July 17 release date. We’ll know in the next week or two whether it needs to move by two weeks, and much of that has to do with the rest of the world’s 30K screens being open. I’ve heard that there is a distribution plan for Tenet that if New York hasn’t reopened, but most of the world has, the John David Washington time-travel thriller still would open. I also hear Warner Bros. had a marketing plan in place for Tenet, fired up and ready to go.

https://deadline.com/2020/06/selena-gomez-movie-broken-hearts-gallery-july-release-tenet-1202954752/

51 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Move it by 2 weeks. No one's gonna be watching Mulan even if it releases first. Also, trades keep saying that WB will give a proper answer next week again and again but they still haven't done that.

Edited by lorddemaxus