Eric Duncan

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

29 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I think it's still gonna be Tenet but later. Or Disney goes ahead with Mulan's current date.

Zero chance Mulan becomes the first movie out. Disney would need a test case before diving in with a tentpole. Maybe they move New Mutants up.

12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Zero chance Mulan becomes the first movie out. Disney would need a test case before diving in with a tentpole. Maybe they move New Mutants up.

I would laugh so hard if, after all the delays, that became the first movie to be released post-lockdowns...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, JB33 said:

Hands up, who is going to see this if it opens July 17? I'm not talking on opening day, but who's going to see it at some point in let's say the first two weeks of release or so, as opposed to not seeing it at all?

I'll be there opening day if theatres are open! Not afraid.

Wear masks, wash hands, be spaced out, clean in between.

Would love, really, to see WB/Nolan say bluntly "Our beloved theaters are hurting and we need to help them". Set the standard. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

theaters in california will open soon, maybe this won't get pushed afterall.. 

...But LA county just recorded its highest number of deaths in over a month for this past weekend, and cases are rising again.  So I wouldn't put all the eggs in that basket, yet. 

6 hours ago, Macleod said:

...But LA county just recorded its highest number of deaths in over a month for this past weekend, and cases are rising again.  So I wouldn't put all the eggs in that basket, yet. 

Well it's staying now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'm guessing this announcement is why WB moved the confirmation date for cinemas to today. FFS, it's really gonna stay in the same spot isn't it?

Yup. Enough of the world is opening in time, California and NY were only holdbacks remaining

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Yup. Enough of the world is opening in time, California and NY were only holdbacks remaining

I think WB is counting on this being a Titanic of sorts. No BIG numbers anywhere, just soft yet consistent numbers over a looooong period of time.

2 hours ago, JB33 said:

I think WB is counting on this being a Titanic of sorts. No BIG numbers anywhere, just soft yet consistent numbers over a looooong period of time.

Exhibitors have been banking on that for weeks now.

Whether that's the case remains to be seen, of course. It still needs a big enough opening to generate buzz and not completely kill the movie with spoilers.

• Like 2

I really think WB's big point here is normalizing theaters again in time for Wonder Woman which will likely be the first real blow up. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, excel1 said:

I really think WB's big point here is normalizing theaters again in time for Wonder Woman which will likely be the first real blow up. 

Tenet is a $200m epic from their most consistent brand, I really don’t think their main goal is to set up another film’s theatrical run

38 minutes ago, TMP said:

Tenet is a $200m epic from their most consistent brand, I really don’t think their main goal is to set up another film’s theatrical run

Exactly. Even if WW84 had a potential to do a billion (which, in this world...lol), they're not going to burn a 200 million production to do it. They're more likely to push both than do that. They have to be confident it's still going to make SOME money, even if nowhere near what it would have otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1