Eric Furiosa

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

3 minutes ago, RtheEnd said:

staying conservative I keep telling myself 152-157

This is fucking insane. And keep in mind these words are coming from the guy who went into this weekend thinking 330+ was a legit possibility for the weekend. But what the actual holy fucking shit fuck, 100m Friday proper possibly on the table?????

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

I actually am seriously wondering if WB might try to push it back a week now? I mean it's one thing for a big budget film to go up against a record breaker in its third weekend. It's another thing entirely to go up against a movie that could still be pulling 100m in its third weekend. 

I doubt they would do that. Changing a date so soon before release would probably confuse people. Inside Out still did a 90M opening weekend against Jurassic World's 2nd weekend, so even if it opened in 2nd place (which is still unlikely IMO) it would probably still do better business than if they were to push it back. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I actually am seriously wondering if WB might try to push it back a week now? I mean it's one thing for a big budget film to go up against a record breaker in its third weekend. It's another thing entirely to go up against a movie that could still be pulling 100m in its third weekend. 

There's no point pushing it back so close to release, if they are confident that Detective Pikachu will make money, then they keep it there. If anything, it might benefit from being the first big release since Avengers since it's aimed at a younger audience.

Edited by Jonwo

Just now, DeeCee said:

And she’s back this week as well. 

last season too. iZombie: Endgame. the television event of the year i've heard? the most important final season of any show to air in May. that's what people are saying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, RtheEnd said:

Ok but how about you not be conservative for just a tiny second and throw another number or there to shake things up a little 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

9 minutes ago, RtheEnd said:

As someone with real numbers, and has been doing this a while, how does all of this feel to you? Is it as much of a roller coaster as it is for us?

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

As someone with real numbers, and has been doing this a while, how does all of the feel to you? Is it as much of a roller coaster as it is for us?

I think the rare time rth is going box office fan boy and said "its nuts"

• Like 2

I know Marvel is Saturday king and all, but there’s no way it can go up that much tomorrow from this already insane number, right? Right?!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 3
  • ...wtf 1