Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

6 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

RT audience score back up to 93%

That Audience score system is worthless and RT knows it. Won't be shocked if its overhauled completely before the years up. Aud Reviews are also being added far slower than before. Looks like they're filtering bots/trash.

It'll certainly be interesting to see how it holds next weekend. One of the chief reasons why we're seeing such astronomical numbers is because everybody wanted to see it before spoilers became impossible to avoid. But also I imagine it's gonna get a lot of repeat viewings. It's gonna be the first movie I see in theaters more than once since Dunkirk.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bastien said:

History has been made.

WuNpeXs.jpg

The movies through TFA were matching the admissions of the previous record holder w/ inflation (and 3D w/ Potter) included.

This is the first one to CLEARLY crush the admissions record

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Menor said:

The thing is Infinity War already had near-maximum reception from hardcore fans, so there wasn't much room for Endgame to increase, but while it was really well-liked by GA there was definitely a decent group of people that could be won over.

Agreed I think they did a great job. I'm surprised I don't share the opinion of a typical hardcore fan but I clearly don't. That's ok perhaps I'm more of a casual fan tied to the emotion of the characters than I thought. Doesn't make my feelings right or wrong. Marvel money wise made a good choice. Personally I lucked out as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FilmBuff said:

I decided to upgrade to the gold account.

Congratulations! You have ascended to join the Gold ClubTM

Also feel good that you contributed to the forums (which needs the help given the problems in the last 24 hours!)

• Like 3

Shoutout to Hong Kong

A man has reportedly been beaten up outside a cinema after loudly revealing the plot of the new Avengers film to queuing fans who hadn't yet seen it. 

According to Taiwanese media, the man was left bloodied outside a cinema in Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, after watching Avengers: Endgame. 

A photo of the man has circulated online, according to AsiaOne, and shows him sitting down on a blood-spattered pavement. 

19120_1556274286.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 5

3 minutes ago, excel1 said:

The movies through TFA were matching the admissions of the previous record holder w/ inflation (and 3D w/ Potter) included.

This is the first one to CLEARLY crush the admissions record

Revenge of the Sith would have.  Remember it opened on a Thursday.  It probably had potential for $60+m on a true Friday, which would have lasted until TDK

• Like 1