sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

I'll go middle ground. 42M Friday, if we compare it to the previous Avengers movies, a 45-60% increase on Saturday followed by a 20-25% drop on Sunday gives a total of 149M-163.5M second weekend. The Saturday jump could be much bigger though.

Edited by Aurora
  • Haha 1

I mean, no matter where it ends up from the varied projections on the last couple pages, we're still talking about a movie making over $40 million on its second Friday - and unlike Force Awakens's second Friday, this one isn't a holiday. That's pretty jaw-dropping no matter how you slice it.

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

This was so me as a kid whenever I had a temper tantrum.

I feel this how most BOT members react when the numbers come in slightly lower than expected. 😂

Charlie is like a god with emotions, so his judgement can be clouded. Rth is pretty much like one of those ruthless roman divinities, doeosn't care if your expectations are shattered. So he (Rth) is probably more accurate.

• Haha 4

Same 1st to 2nd saturday drop as IW would be 62m, same Friday to saturday bump to get 62 needs a Friday of 42.  Friday is off but we could be looking at pretty much the same 2nd saturday as IW.

Edited by MattW

Charlie has important real life stuff coming up, was pretty clear that he just got 2 updates about the data rather than doing full tracking this weekend. Thinking 43ish, can just wait 12 hours.

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I don't think it's going below 44 though. That's the minimum I have.

You and @RtheEnd are all about toying with people’s emotions today lol.

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I don't think it's going below 44 though. That's the minimum I have.

Just now, Sam said:

You and @RtheEnd are all about toying with people’s emotions today lol.

In the immortal words of Ken Watanabe...

Let them fight.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 1

Y’all mocked and laughed but just watch, Deadline gonna be coming in with the most accurate estimates. 

On a related note, Gitesh seems weirdly quiet today.

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

Y’all mocked and laughed but just watch, Deadline gonna be coming in with the most accurate estimates. 

On a related note, Gitesh seems weirdly quiet today.

Hard to send out a tweet when his sources are throwing out different numbers.

• Haha 3