antovolk

John Wick: Chapter 4 | March 24, 2023 | RIP Lance Reddick

Donnie Yen is a CCP shill and famous for being an asshole behind the scenes (though in the martial arts world over there it's pretty patriarchal and no doubt filled with other bullies and victims) so I wouldn't be too bothered by him being removed as a presenter, not that it would happen. 

Seeing the film soon myself this weekend. Liked the first three a lot so don't see anything changing with this one especially if it's bigger and bolder. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Donnie Yen is a CCP shill and famous for being an asshole behind the scenes (though in the martial arts world over there it's pretty patriarchal and no doubt filled with other bullies and victims) so I wouldn't be too bothered by him being removed as a presenter, not that it would happen. 

Not from what I am hearing, everyone who worked with him wants to work with him again. Gareth Edwards, Niki Caro, DJ Caruso, even Chad now.

In Asia, he worked multiple times with Raymond Wong, Nicholas Tse, Simon Yam, Wilson Yip, Sammo Hung, Jet Li, Michelle Yeoh and the name goes on and on. I know people in the industry who worked with him on Ip Man 4 and can't sing enough praises about his work ethics.

Don't spread some online rumours you hear, there is a reason why he is one of the highest paid actors in the world today and everyone wants to work with him.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

BBC and CNN can’t forget.

Imagine if Yen said something against China similar like what he said to USA, he will be cancelled immediately by China. Here in USA he merely getting a petition to have him remove from presenter list.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Imagine if Yen said something against China similar like what he said to USA, he will be cancelled immediately by China. Here in USA he merely getting a petition to have him remove from presenter list.  

Petition is from some vocal minority in Hong Kong and Taiwan; not the US...

On 3/9/2023 at 9:27 PM, TigerPaw said:

These 2 news outlets are forever against China and amplifying very small issues started by a vocal minority.

7 million people in Hong Kong, barely 1% signed the petition. LOL. But CNN and BBC want to sound as if this a big news.

at least they didn't try to cancel jw4 lmao

On 3/12/2023 at 4:33 PM, TigerPaw said:

Let's see. We have no idea how crazy and extreme these people are. We have seen what they did to the streets of Hong Kong..

The hong kong protesters are absolutely in the right and only an authoritarian bootlicker would think otherwise.

• Like 4

Can anyone spoil me the ending in PM? Would be really appreciated. Because I've seen a couple of reviews claiming it's really divisive and some even going as far as claiming it's unbelievably terrible and total wtf out of nowhere. I didn't like Chapter 3 ending, so I'm curious what's going on there.

Edited by Firepower