antovolk

John Wick: Chapter 4 | March 24, 2023 | RIP Lance Reddick

22 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

those reactions say some very nice things, but then I remember that there are people who consider the first 3 movies to be masterful and get a tiny bit worried

The first 3 movies are way above average which has become something of a rarity in the genre, they're made with style and gusto.  I'd much, much rather watch something like this than Ant Man or the next $500 million Avatar movie. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

I think of the two directors that directed first john wick, the one who has stayed with this franchise is more talented. He should be the one doing other big movies.

Stahleski's first non-Wick film is gonna be one to look out for, I think he has the skills to be a big name.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

I think of the two directors that directed first john wick, the one who has stayed with this franchise is more talented. He should be the one doing other big movies.

And he's the only one credited for first John Wick.

On 10/21/2021 at 4:11 PM, Firepower said:

Not depressing at all, you are thinking too highly of yourself, people champion his work, not his character, because he's a good actor/director. And most people who complain about him are random twitter lunatics, his second ex-wife and one controversial screenwriter way past his glory days, a lot of people who actually know him personally or worked with him had nothing, but good words about him despite awful shit he said in the past, even his first wife, so the guy's personal life is not yours or mine business, I don't know him, you don't know him. If he's done something criminal, he would've been in jail. There were no new controversies with him since those days, so the guy might conquered his demons. You can just ignore his stuff, you lose absolutely nothing if the guy gets work or not.

This is so well said, thanks for your words.

I agree 100%.

So happy to see Mel Gibson in The Continental.

'His personal life is not our business' - that is so true.

No actor, singer or whoever standing in the spotlight owes the public anything or has the duty of living a perfect life.

Mel has his demons, that's for sure. 

On the other hand, he seems to be a great human being as well, judging by many people who worked with him.

I communicated with Ian Nelms (the director of Fatman) a couple of times and he said Gibson was a great guy on set. So much fun to work with plus he treated every person on set the same.

And by the way, to include a 'Fuck Mel Gibson' in the title is pretty low.

Really surprised this is allowed here.

Edited by MrHardapple

we got people defending Mel huh.

Moving on...

Anyways...hope this is as good as it seems. Reactions seem good.the length is a bit much though.

Chad has been reported/signed on to like 4-5 different movies but who knows what he will actually make.

14 hours ago, MrHardapple said:

This is so well said, thanks for your words.

I agree 100%.

So happy to see Mel Gibson in The Continental.

'His personal life is not our business' - that is so true.

No actor, singer or whoever standing in the spotlight owes the public anything or has the duty of living a perfect life.

Mel has his demons, that's for sure. 

On the other hand, he seems to be a great human being as well, judging by many people who worked with him.

I communicated with Ian Nelms (the director of Fatman) a couple of times and he said Gibson was a great guy on set. So much fun to work with plus he treated every person on set the same.

And by the way, to include a 'Fuck Mel Gibson' in the title is pretty low.

Really surprised this is allowed here.

BOT makes rules as they go. Tbf Mel said bad things about jews...there are many on here and in the industry.

On 3/7/2023 at 4:41 AM, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Dungeons & Dragons and Shazam coming to ruin it:

swag-confident.gif

Shazam! already receiving good reactions so far...
Also, Paramount seems like it's confident with D&D quality.

What if... D&D surprises us all and we have 6 weekends in a row with movies opening over 40M?

Not sure whether you guys know that Chad Stahelski himself is a talented martial artist, stuntman as well as the founder / co-owner of 87eleven (basically action choreography and stunt team for many Hollywood blockbusters today).

Donnie Yen is obviously a living legend, he introduced MMA to Asia via his films - SPL and Flashpoint, and inspired the likes of Zhang Weili (current UFC women champ) to learn MMA. Yen (including uncredited wins) is also the receipient of the most action choreography awards in the Hong Kong film awards.

Am really excited to see what these two are gonna bring to the table. Yen just said in an interview that he never felt more comfortable working with a director and Chad totally understands him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, stripe said:

Shazam! already receiving good reactions so far...
Also, Paramount seems like it's confident with D&D quality.

What if... D&D surprises us all and we have 6 weekends in a row with movies opening over 40M?

Shazam and D&D might end up with decent-to-good reviews, but I still don't think either of them cracks 40 million.

3 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

Not sure whether you guys know that Chad Stahelski himself is a talented martial artist, stuntman as well as the founder / co-owner of 87eleven (basically action choreography and stunt team for many Hollywood blockbusters today).

Donnie Yen is obviously a living legend, he introduced MMA to Asia via his films - SPL and Flashpoint, and inspired the likes of Zhang Weili (current UFC women champ) to learn MMA. Yen (including uncredited wins) is also the receipient of the most action choreography awards in the Hong Kong film awards.

Am really excited to see what these two are gonna bring to the table. Yen just said in an interview that he never felt more comfortable working with a director and Chad totally understands him.

Yeah it's great that Stahleski and 87Eleven have brought more stunt guys to the directing side as they understand action way more than anyone else. Someone else earlier mentioned what a treat it'll be to see Donnie Yen, Scott Adkins and Marko Zaror on the big screen finally and I echo that sentiment. They've been wasted/misused in most Hollywood productions, now we can see them shine in a proper big budget movie with people who understand their skills.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gavin Feng said:

BBC and CNN can’t forget.

These 2 news outlets are forever against China and amplifying very small issues started by a vocal minority.

7 million people in Hong Kong, barely 1% signed the petition. LOL. But CNN and BBC want to sound as if this a big news.